The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Blimey!!!!

Money does talk!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yes, some drama in that, wasn't there? There's been stranger ones but that was a televised belter. And the best team won it. And QPR stayed up so two winners in one stadium! How often can that be said?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I didn't particularly mind who won, but i was listening while cooking... very thrilling, even on the radio. Going to watch the highlights tonight too :smile:

So very proud of my team. Today was my boy's 1st birthday and with a club ride early this morning I was very nervous about this afternoon...and what a team performance by the sounds of it, leading at the Etihad with two minutes to go. How many teams can boast that?

And wow, QPR player gets on the wrong side of another crap refereeing decision? Must be the first time since the last time we played.

But all's well that ends well and the Rsss are staying up!!!

Having watched the game I really think we did ourselves proud, Cisse took that goal well, Mackie's was a brilliant finish and some of Paddy's saves from close range were awesome.

Shame about Barton's reaction but I couldn't really give a shoot - he's played much better for us and in the grand scheme of things that's all that matters to me. We've been on the wrong end of some truly awful refereeing decisions this season and have still survived so onwards and upwards. Besides, Tevez had a go first and could only ever be looking for the reaction that he got.

Nice of the MOTD lads to give no mention of the fact that we, QPR, were expected to get a hammering and played as well as we did for the last quarter with ten men. No mention of anything whatsoever besides the Barton incident. Thanks lads.

I thought Kompany gave a great interview, he seems a really intelligent geezer and despite being on the wrong end of 3-2 again you really have to hand it to City to come back that late (especially against the might QPR :thumbsup:) with such determination, particularly when a few weeks back they were 8 points behind. Well done to them.

I'm celebrating...:cheers:.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Indeed. Everyone knows what Barton's like. Tevez for one. Hook, line, sinker. More, I thought, could have been made of this by the MoTD 'A team'. But hey, WTF. Result!^_^

Top Bottom