The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wenger has gone the distance but Arsenal have hardly garnered much silverware over the last decade or so.

To repost @User 's pic
12373409_473077802897820_9108949180236839383_n-jpg.113061.jpg

MarkF

Guru
This "hiring and firing" issue is total baloney.

Manager that gets results - Stays in job.
Manager that doesn't get results - Sacked.
Manager that gets results gets is poached by bigger/richer club - Nothing much changes, team continues to do well.
Manager that doesn't get results is sacked - Nothing much changes, team continues to struggle.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Manager that gets results gets is poached by bigger/richer club - Nothing much changes, team continues to do well.
Manager that doesn't get results is sacked - Nothing much changes, team continues to struggle.

@MarkF

Although, for obvious reasons, I hope your last sentence is total rollocks! :laugh:

U

User482

Fergie had extremely poor results in the early part of his tenure at Man U...

MarkF

Guru
@MarkF

Although, for obvious reasons, I hope your last sentence is total rollocks! :laugh:

It was"in general" and it's true, why shouldn't it be? I read a thesis a while back, it was carried out across the top 2 divisions in Spain, England, Italy and France (I think) over a long period, into whether firing (or losing) managers regularly made any difference to results, nothing showed that it did. Appointing the right man to an underachieving team is the key, once he gets results turned around you can ride his wave for long after he's gone.................. unless you meddle with his system too much.

Chelsea right now are an unusual case and will be fine. :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mark Robins never got the credit he deserved from Fergie. Bit shitty of him imo.
Well that's no surprise is it? Ferguson was a despicable, hypocritical human being. Good manager though.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Someone's wallet has just gone KERCHING. Sure I read JM will get this years salary only not the full contract value? Sounded like he might of fallen on the sword once he was called in.

Top Bottom