The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I know, and there'll be another football song around to pollute the air waves, but beating Germany and the Netherlands would make the fever levels unbearable.

Anyhow, I thought the Netherlands looked pretty good to me. I saw none of their qualifiers but they appear to have rebuilt the team promisingly.

Very true.

I missed the England game last night, fell asleep half way through our rain fest with Denmark - have the Dutch changed much since the World Cup?

AndyRM

XOXO
My close personal friend Rob has been in touch to tell me he's alright and that he appreciates the support; thought I'd share the good news.

The look of anguish on his face broke my heart a little so I'll take him an extra big bag of grapes and some orange Lucozade, which is his favourite.

Screenshot_20160330-170317.png

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My close personal friend Rob has been in touch to tell me he's alright and that he appreciates the support; thought I'd share the good news.

The look of anguish on his face broke my heart a little so I'll take him an extra big bag of grapes and some orange Lucozade, which is his favourite.

View attachment 123240

Hey don't you call the keeper who played a big part in our promotion 10 years ago!;)
57344036-accrington-stanley-goalkeeper-robert-elliot-gettyimages.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sad news,Ian Britton the former Chelsea Blackpool and Burnley player has died aged 61. I remember him scoring the goal that kept Burnley in the Football League in 1987.
BRITTON%20IAN%201974-75.jpg

Just look at that hair!!^_^

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Hmmm - I wonder if the current champions will beat bottom placed Villa today?

Had a lovely time there last season, but this year I lacked enthusiasm to put in a days effort to go and watch some lads pick up a collective million or two for little effort whilst my wife and I spend a couple of hundred quid, and endure a long bout of M6-itis, for the privilege of watching.

My enthusiasm for my club, in this difficult season has waned somewhat. Not because I am only happy when we are winning pots but because of the obvious lack of effort put in by some players.

(I'll still be jumping up and down, offering unheard advice, today at 12.45 though :laugh:)

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Hmmm - I wonder if the current champions will beat bottom placed Villa today?

Had a lovely time there last season, but this year I lacked enthusiasm to put in a days effort to go and watch some lads pick up a collective million or two for little effort whilst my wife and I spend a couple of hundred quid, and endure a long bout of M6-itis, for the privilege of watching.

My enthusiasm for my club, in this difficult season has waned somewhat. Not because I am only happy when we are winning pots but because of the obvious lack of effort put in by some players.

(I'll still be jumping up and down, offering unheard advice, today at 12.45 though :laugh:)

You are well in command, 3-0 up just after half time, and can you really see any prospect whatsoever of that changing? If someone asked me to provide an example of the word "wretched" in action, I would tell them to go and watch Villa this season, they are so poor it is unbelievable.

I remember at Goodison in 1986/87 (when Villa were relegated) Everton played them off the park and their fans sang "We're so sh*t it's unbelievable". I was reminded of that today when the commentator said this season their fans sing to opposition fans, "You're nothing special, we lose every week"

Even when they get a good shot on goal it is blocked by one of their own players. You are justifiably sceptical about footballing millionaires, but given Villa's total absence of fight or self belief, that seems ironic from a Chelsea fan.

Loftus Cheek looks a player.

Top Bottom