The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just turned off that FA Cup dross that's on BBC. Dull, dull, dull.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Preston NE, featuring Howard Kendall who was the youngest ever player in a final.
John Sissons of West Ham was all set to become the youngest then PNE made a late decision to include Kendall. West Ham scored three goals in every winning round (They drew 1-1 with Leyton Orient in the fourth), and seven of the team in the final had surnames beginning with B.

Just so's you know, like...

U

User482

John Sissons of West Ham was all set to become the youngest then PNE made a late decision to include Kendall. West Ham scored three goals in every winning round (They drew 1-1 with Leyton Orient in the fourth), and seven of the team in the final had surnames beginning with B.

Just so's you know, like...
00578-3036912-Loughran_became_known_as_Statto_when_he_worked_alongside_David_B-a-5_1428998760159.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
I see Liverpool managed a 0-0 draw against Plymouth Argyle yesterday. Well done them.
I thought it was quite brave to play such a young side. However it would probably have been better if they'd lost as now Klopp has a tough decision to make:

• Play the same side in Plymouth thereby showing faith in them
  • Take the senior side but that then means an extra game.

Still when it all goes pear shaped, we can do a Wenger/Mourinho and claim fixture congestion.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Preston NE, featuring Howard Kendall who was the youngest ever player in a final.
It was only the arrival of the internet that uncovered a lie we'd been told for years - and were gullible enough to believe it! We had a new porter arrived in our hospital who was a tall, thin athletic figure of the right age to fit what he told us. He said he'd been a professional at PNE and played as a centre-half and had played in every game up to the final when they decided to play Kendall instead of him and how gutted he was. Of course, all us impressionable lads would tell all our mates that we worked with the 'unluckiest player' in England for ages afterwards.

AndyRM

XOXO
I thought it was quite brave to play such a young side. However it would probably have been better if they'd lost as now Klopp has a tough decision to make:

Still when it all goes pear shaped, we can do a Wenger/Mourinho and claim fixture congestion.

"You can't win anything with kids."

mark st1

Plastic Manc

Doubt it mate you need to be In European cup competitions to play that card :okay:

MarkF

Guru

• Make them hand in their Hublots and Audi RS's and sent 'em on loan to Bradford Park Avenue for a month, I think their next outing would show a modicum of genuine desire. Lazy, self absorbed, useless, clog footed oafs.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Either brave, stupid or arrogant. I'd say that Klopp misjudged this one unless LFC aren't interested in the FA Cup this season - in which case they should've done a MUFC and not competed at all.

With LFC prime contenders in the race for the PL title another game can easily cost a few points as we all know.

CFC have taken a lot of flack re fixture decongestion (!) as though it's our fault that the Xmas fixture list favoured us. I think some of these managers need to grow up a bit. Top teams with big squads ought to be able to take these things in their stride. If a squad is really good they should be able to fire on 3-4 fronts at the same time - I'm not saying it is easy but that's the nature of the beast if you either are, or have ambitions to be, a top European side.

When fans whinge about these things I generally refer them to the absolutely amazing 1999 MUFC squad and their 'treble' - despite them not being my team I'd rate that as the best ever season by any modern day UK team ever.

Top Bottom