The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I will make a special anti-recommendation for the Ibis Budget Petit Quevilly, just for the bike policy.
Thanks.

StuartG

slower but further
To be fair, he did allow us to put our bikes in the bin store.
Yes, it encourages you to be on the road before the bin lorry arrives ... his Basil impersonation was very impressive.

I think my carer has taken an option on some Saint-Saens accommodation. The bistro is much preferable to Rouen.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you have all (see list below) - with the exception of Stuart A got tickets for the ferry back

Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Charlie B
Chris B
Chris H
Claudine C
Frank P
Gordon P
Helen S
Jenny M
Julie G
Katharina S
Lee H
Louise M
Martin B
Mary L
Miranda S
Olaf S
Peter L
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Simon
Sonia W
Stephen W
Steve R
Stuart G
Susie F
Titus H
Uta W
Eddie C
Michael A
Rachel (friend of Titus)
Stuart A

the following have tickets from Portsmouth.

Adam B
Andrew Br
Charlie B
Claudine C
Frank P
Gordon P
Helen S
Katharina S
Lee H
Mary L
Miranda S
Olaf S
Rachel W
Rebecca O
Simon
Sonia W
Stephen W
Steve R
Stuart G
Susie F
Uta W
Michael A
Stuart A

There's no way that we're all going to get to stay at Saint-Saens, so I'm looking at Forges-les-Eaux, which comes recommended. Hence the need for a recce in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
From Forges-Les-Eaux, the Avenue Vert is an easy, reasonably broad, smooth tarmac route, with gentle gradients, all the way to the outskirts of Dieppe.
I knew there'd be a snag.

It does mean an earlier start, although there are trains (ay 7.45 and 9.35) to Dieppe for those who don't want to rush.

StuartG

slower but further
That was the Premierclasse I think on Avenue de Canada. The self cleaning bog/shower thingy is in the room not down the corridor. I stayed there again last year. Very convenient and sans expensive but not nearly as nice as Saint Saens. Maybe we could split in two?

The road out of Rouen is a bit sorta steep for me!

Last edited:

rvw

Guru
Cherbourg and Bayeux booked, with an enquiry out for Honfleur.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Ibis Centre Rive Gauche booked in Rouen. Went for the easy cancellation rather than lowest price option, so if Saint-Saens (or somewhere in that neck of the woods) is available I could switch. If I don't, it's very handy for the Gare Rive Droite (directions: cross river, keep straight on) so brings the opportunity to book earlier trains and get into Brussels a bit quicker.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Apparently we have a reservation for St Malo as well.

I've just realised (doh!) that that's nothing at all to do with this holiday but with the previous one. Feel free to call me a bit of a prannock...

Top Bottom