The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hopefully not by getting divorced. :whistle:
Tandem. Perhaps.....

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
This sounds very very tempting. Dates may be a problem and will require tough decisions. We usually go dingy sailing in the Netherlands on the Pentercostal weekend with some old friends. However, Mrs. Redfalo has already voiced a preference for spending the weekend on a bike rather than a boat. So, count us in please.

@ianmac62 : I know a nice Chateau in on the Cotentin Peninsula which is a perfect wedding location. Maybe your son want's to rethink? (And the weather will be better for sure...) :thumbsup:

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
This sounds very very tempting. Dates may be a problem and will require tough decisions. We usually go dingy sailing in the Netherlands on the Pentercostal weekend with some old friends. However, Mrs. Redfalo has already voiced a preference for spending the weekend on a bike rather than a boat. So, count us in please.

@ianmac62 : I know a nice Chateau in on the Cotentin Peninsula which is a perfect wedding location. Maybe your son want's to rethink? (And the weather will be better for sure...) :thumbsup:

Does that mean I need to find a new room mate.......

ianmac62

Guru
I know a nice Chateau in on the Cotentin Peninsula which is a perfect wedding location. Maybe your son want's to rethink?:thumbsup:
My son does have a romantic streak, which he didn't inherit from me. He proposed when they were walking in the gloaming on the shore of Loch Lomond. But I understand choice of a wedding venue is a bride's prerogative. The future Mrs Macsporran is from a hamlet outside a village outside a small town called Inverurie. So rural Anerdeenshire it is!

My son does have a romantic streak, which he didn't inherit from me. He proposed when they were walking in the gloaming on the shore of Loch Lomond. But I understand choice of a wedding venue is a bride's prerogative. The future Mrs Macsporran is from a hamlet outside a village outside a small town called Inverurie. So rural Anerdeenshire it is!
Inverurie. 'Thomas Tait of Inverurie'...is paper still made there, Ian? I used to have a lot of quality printed publicity from them....and the name has always stuck!

ianmac62

Guru
Inverurie. 'Thomas Tait of Inverurie'...is paper still made there, Ian? I used to have a lot of quality printed publicity from them....and the name has always stuck!
I don't know it personally but a quick google has shown that Thomas Tait built the mill in 1852, it passed out of the family's control in 1989, and closed (= asset-stripped) in 2009.

http://www.changingimages.co.uk/history.html

I think my son's future in-laws have been smallholders outside Kemnay. I have a brother-in-law who (although he grew up in The Broch) lived for a few years in Inverurie. I'll ask him what he remembers of the mill.

As a little boy on my summer holidays - I'm talking the 1950s - my grandfather always took me to fish for tiddlers in the River Don near where today's "old road" from Aberdeen to Inverness crosses the bridge in Inverurie.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Does that mean I need to find a new room mate.......

Life's a bitch :-)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Change of dates may be required....not only are tickets for those dates on sale, Brittany Ferries website gives the 1600 sailing on May 22 as full (when bicycle option selected). So different dates, perhaps the overnighter to Caen instead, or the origami option (cue wailing of teeth in St Reatham)....

Tim Hall

Change of dates may be required....not only are tickets for those dates on sale, Brittany Ferries website gives the 1600 sailing on May 22 as full (when bicycle option selected). So different dates, perhaps the overnighter to Caen instead, or the origami option (cue wailing of teeth in St Reatham)....
Isn't the SOP in such circumstances to ring dfds and ask for more places to be released?

Top Bottom