The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lilolee

Veteran
I've heard he's got a Doctorate degree in Herding Cats. :thumbsup:

And then looked for a challenge by organising The Fridays' Rides

StuartG

slower but further
In nearly 50 rides I've never heard a word against Simon. Well, apart from AH, .. and AH, ... and AH. OK so that leaves little time left for the rest of us pussy cats :angel:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
right

I'm assuming 20 on the 4pm ferry from Portsmouth and a few from Poole. I take it that nobody is going to go over the day before, but if that suits you, let me know. So 23 or so. Which means we have to have 23 beds at Saint-Saens.

Before I lob just under six hundred quid at the ferry company..........

There's a problem at Saint-Saens - Maison d'Eawy will be closed as they are going to a wedding.
Which leaves us 8 places at le Jardin de Muriel (including Susie and yrs. truly).
4 places (but @redfalo please confirm) at Au Fond du Jardin
10 places (two each in five rooms) at L'Abbaye - @User please confirm that this is the case. Sorry, but those of you with an objection to sharing may have to think again.
There are a couple of smaller places - I've e-mailed them
and an unknown number at Le Maison de Dr. Vassaux - they have three rooms, but are showing on the travel websites as sold out

if anybody knows of any others (@srw Stephen and @rvw Rachel?)........let me know please.

If not then it looks like Le Maison de Dr. Vassaux is the key item. They've not responded to my e-mail. If anybody has sufficient French to call Le Maison de Dr. Vassaux and ask them if they have space on the 25th May then here's the telephone numbers
La Maison du Docteur Vassaux
Mr Jean-Marie Blondel
148 rue du Docteur Vassaux
02.35.61.67.28 – 06.20.42.10.95
jeanmarie.blondel@orange.fr
www.saintsaens-chambres-dhote.fr

now.............singletons start thinking about sharing twin rooms. It will be for one night only

to recap
ferry over 22nd May from Portsmouth - likely to be £29 each
first night (22nd May) Ibis La Glacerie (room about £50), Ibis La Glacerie Budget (room about £30) or Brix Castle (110/130 euros)
ride 68 to 79 miles
second night (23rd May) Bayeux 40 hotels from £30 up
ride 58 miles
third night (24th May)Honfleur dozens of hotels
ride 64 miles including BAC ferry
fourth night (25th May) Saint-Saens
morning ride 24 miles or more if you choose
ferry probably about £35

to repeat - book nothing yet. It all depends on the accommodation at Saint-Saens

U

User482

This singleton is happy to share. I don't snore.
Ditto.

The only wrinkle I foresee with the travel arrangements is that the ferry to Newhaven doesn't arrive until 9pm, so non-London peeps may struggle to get home. I'm thinking of finding a hotel near to the port and riding back up to London the next day, along the FNRttC route.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
We stayed chez Dr Vaisseaux. The French restaurant in Saint Saens is cheap and perfectly pleasant if anyone wants a change. And, as @User says, other villages are available nearby.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Oooops.
A little late to the party.
Helen and I are very interested.
We'll be sharing.
She snores but I can cope with that.

I hope it doesn't throw the calculations re ferries and beds out of the window.

Top Bottom