The Fridays Tour de Normandie 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Anyway that Mr Delzegg would like to order me around so could be either or both......

Thinking about it I am also quiet tempted to catch the overnight ferry to Caen on Wednesday and then cycle up the coast on Thursday possibly staying at St Vaast that night before cycling on to Cherbourg to meet the ferry. @redfalo would the two of you like to join me?

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Hm, I'm discuss this with the boss, but I doubt we'd be willing to take Thursday off as well. Having said this, I've had a closer look at the ferry timetable. The Friday ferry to Cherbourg leaves at 4pm, which means I'd have to take Friday off as well. The night ferry to Caen either on Thursday night (resulting in another day of cycling plus a short train journey) or on Friday night (a day of holiday in hand) suddenly looks quite attractive.

@dellzeqq , if we took the night ferry on Friday night arriving Caen 7am-ish on Sat., we could take a moning train and meet the rest of the pack in Carentan for luch, can't we?

Last edited:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Sorry for not replying earlier DZ, I'm having e-mail issues ("The new VPN will automatically download next time you log in .........").
I'll discuss options with Helen over the w/e and get back to you.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think we're just about there

We have six going from Poole, and six going the night before. That leaves 23. Mark will bring a small-wheeled bike. That leaves 22. I shall not ask anybody to go to Caen unless they really want to, pick two more Bromptoneers and write to you again.

You're doubtless wandering about the extremely economical arrangements for the return to Blighty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ra..._de_la_Medusa_(Museo_del_Louvre,_1818-19).jpg

Last edited:
U

User10571

I think we're just about there

We have six going from Poole, and six going the night before. That leaves 23. Mark will bring a small-wheeled bike. That leaves 22. I shall not ask anybody to go to Caen unless they really want to, pick two more Bromptoneers and write to you again.

You're doubtless wandering about the extremely economical arrangements for the return to Blighty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raft_of_the_Medusa#mediaviewer/File:JEAN_LOUIS_THÉODORE_GÉRICAULT_-_La_Balsa_de_la_Medusa_(Museo_del_Louvre,_1818-19).jpg
There are too many exposed b0ll0x in that picture to draw me to this ride.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Relief, in the most elongated form, is at hand. Stephen has suggested that a tandem is not two bicycles, but one. I'm running it by the ferry company! And one person is not coming so....

Here's a provisional list

1600 ferry on Friday
Adam
Adrian
Andrew B
Charlie B
Claudine
Frank
Gordon
Helen
John T
Katharina
Lee H
Mary
Miranda
Olaf
Rachel and Stephen
Rebecca
Steve R
Stuart G
Uta
Michael A
1600 ferry but on a Brompton
Mark A
Titus
Poole
Chris B
Chris H
Julie G
Louise M
Peter L
Eddie C
Thursday
Jenny
Martin B
Susie
Sonia
Simon
tbc
Stuart A

swopses allowed

The Poole Peeps have bought their tickets. I'll purchase the five tickets with bike spaces for Thursday (in the hope of getting a rate) but I'll write to the Bromptoneers and ask them to get their tickets themselves. I'll write to Stephen and Rachel when I know the score on the tandem.

Last edited:

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Relief, in the most elongated form, is at hand. Stephen has suggested that a tandem is not two bicycles, but one. I'm running it by the ferry company! And one person is not coming so....

Here's a provisional list

1600 ferry on Friday
Adam
Adrian
Andrew B
Charlie B
Claudine
Frank
Gordon
Helen
John T
Katharina
Lee H
Mary
Miranda
Olaf
Rachel and Stephen
Rebecca
Steve R
Stuart G
Uta
Michael A
1600 ferry but on a Brompton
Mark A
Titus
Poole
Chris B
Chris H
Julie G
Louise M
Peter L
Eddie C
Thursday
Jenny
Martin B
Susie
Sonia
Simon
tbc
Stuart A

swopses allowed

The Poole Peeps have bought their tickets. I'll purchase the five tickets with bike spaces for Thursday (in the hope of getting a rate) but I'll write to the Bromptoneers and ask them to get their tickets themselves. I'll write to Stephen and Rachel when I know the score on the tandem.

Simon, Thank you for sorting out all the logistics. I imagine as I am now buying my own ticket I will catch the overnight crossing to Caen and either cycle to the proposed Friday night destination or do a bit of cycling supported by a train if required. Would that be ok?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the ferry company has confirmed that a tandem counts as one bike. I've purchased a 21st ticket for the stoker

Top Bottom