The girl who does not age

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
woops, I thought this was going to be a thread about Ulrika J :smile::biggrin:

yenrod

You mean scientists are wondering why and how her boobs have now defied time and reverted to that of a teenager :smile:

Mr Pig

What an amazing story.

I've often wondered about he ageing process. When you reach your physical peak, say for argument sake at twenty-one, why the body doesn't just maintain itself at that level. People sometimes laugh at the huge ages in The Bible, people living to eight-hundred years old etc, but I've never seen the problem. We see animals that grow older at all different rates, some that vastly outlive us, and we don't know why. If you took a snapshot of your body over a six-month period when you were twenty-one years old you would see very little change. If the body can maintain itself that way for six months why not for sixty-years instead.

I believe that people were originally designed to do just that. Maintain themselves indefinitely. What we see now is a corrupted, defective form of the original design.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Mr Pig said:
What an amazing story.

I've often wondered about he ageing process. When you reach your physical peak, say for argument sake at twenty-one, why the body doesn't just maintain itself at that level. People sometimes laugh at the huge ages in The Bible, people living to eight-hundred years old etc, but I've never seen the problem. We see animals that grow older at all different rates, some that vastly outlive us, and we don't know why. If you took a snapshot of your body over a six-month period when you were twenty-one years old you would see very little change. If the body can maintain itself that way for six months why not for sixty-years instead.

I believe that people were originally designed to do just that. Maintain themselves indefinitely. What we see now is a corrupted, defective form of the original design.

That's a fascinating post mr Pig.
It wouldn't work out of course due to overcrowding but thinking about why it works that way will keep me entertained for Hours on the bike!

Mr Pig

Panter said:
It wouldn't work out of course due to overcrowding but thinking about why it works that way will keep me entertained for Hours

I believe that Adam and Eve were very different from humans today. They were designed to never physically die. Nothing died! The world was completely diferent from the way it is today. The death that resulted from their sin was damage to the spiritual and phisical system that caused subsequent failure and physical death.

Mr Pig

karen.488walker said:
I thought it was twiggy who is now 60 and looks better than i do at 35!

Thin people always look good on TV. In real life she probably looks like a skinned cat!

Beardie

Dorian Gray (he, actually) is the titular character in a novel by Oscar Wilde. Despite a debauched lifestyle, he doesn't age but a painting of him, kept in the loft, rapidly goes to seed.
I suppose my original comment was slightly tasteless, in the circumstances.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i don't find it that surprising. when you think of all the kids in the world that have that thing where they age prematurely (progeria??? spelling?) then it stands to reason that at some time, somewhere in the world there will be someone who doesn't age as quickly.

Top Bottom