The green 'un outside Hardham Church today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
P100405_140913.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

That bar bag has got to go... and so has that SQR... both way too fugly. She is still kitted with her FNRttC lights and I've found having the rear Smart on flash in daylight makes drivers give me loads of room, so that is staying.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
MY GOD !!!!

Big ring and big rear cog isnt a good thing !

T'Will kill your chain mate.

bauldbairn

Explorers still looking good Greg :biggrin: - not too keen on the bags either.

Do still you have the rear rack - don't you fancy putting that back on and getting some panniers? :smile:

I've got two 0.5W Smart rear lights on my Revolution Courier and alway's have one on flash - day or night. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
gb155 said:
MY GOD !!!!

Big ring and big rear cog isnt a good thing !

T'Will kill your chain mate.

Can't you see the disc brakes - I'm an iconoclast. That must be why I've only got two years and about 5000km on that chain. I killed it dead early doors and just use the lifeless corpse to drive the bike onwards. :thumbsup:

Don't believe every cycling myth you are pedalled.:biggrin:

fwiw it was big ring & 2nd on cassette actually.:smile:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bauldbairn said:
Explorers still looking good Greg :biggrin: - not too keen on the bags either.

Do still you have the rear rack - don't you fancy putting that back on and getting some panniers? :smile:

I've got two 0.5W Smart rear lights on my Revolution Courier and alway's have one on flash - day or night. :thumbsup:

Still got the rack and panniers but with them I got a bad habit. I tend to pack to fill the available space. Which is rubbish for day rides and short stuff, like today only 55km. Rack and rack top bag is good but I can get more in the barley for less weight.

Bagman QR coming up in place of the SQR and I've asked carradice if they can make me a zip roll with a klickfix to use as a small bar bag. If not I will adapt on myself using a crash damaged altura bag I've got.

The full metal jackets mean I can't mount a second smart nearside (Damn my obsession with stopping). I bought two and may put one above t'other except....

.... I've just bought another bike. a Revolution Track 10. My physio says I should either ride fixed or do spinning to build up my legs after weeks on crutches. I had a EBC credit note, and they've got a sale on, and I read a good write up on the Track 10. one plus one = n+1 May have to ask them if it will take one of their carbon forks though. Eventually.

bauldbairn

GregCollins said:
.... I've just bought another bike. a Revolution Track 10. My physio says I should either ride fixed or do spinning to build up my legs after weeks on crutches. I had a EBC credit note, and they've got a sale on, and I read a good write up on the Track 10. one plus one = n+1 May have to ask them if it will take one of their carbon forks though. Eventually.

Congratulations! :laugh:

The Revolution Track 10 is a nice bike - there was a thread on here earlier tonight debating between that and a Genesis fixed(I think). Both from EBC, both with 15% off.

What do you think of the "NEW" Revolution Explorer 2010 with the steel frame and different mechanical disc brakes? I briefly thought about one - but I've already made my mind up on a Boardman Hybrid Pro for this year(next couple of weeks). I think the Rev Ex could come back onto the radar for next year though. :angry:

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bauldbairn said:
Congratulations! :becool:

The Revolution Track 10 is a nice bike - there was a thread on here earlier tonight debating between that and a Genesis fixed(I think). Both from EBC, both with 15% off.

What do you think of the "NEW" Revolution Explorer 2010 with the steel frame and different mechanical disc brakes? I briefly thought about one - but I've already made my mind up on a Boardman Hybrid Pro for this year(next couple of weeks). I think the Rev Ex could come back onto the radar for next year though. :biggrin:

The gennie is prob a better bike, but my track 10 was a steal.

New Rev Exp? Much more popular frame material but the brakes on the 08 were the weak point in the spec. being BB5's. Don't imagine the Tectro's will be any better than the BB5's and it's a hi-ten fork rather than a cro mo one but I'd buy one if the current bike got written off.

Top Bottom