The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Planning on not leaving it so late in May ^_^ Now the football season is over I should have more free time :blush: Planning on mid May for my century ride, fingers crossed for nice weather :okay:
Should be a Leeds fan, our season ends just in time for the first ride of the year.

sittingbull

Veteran
Sunday saw me riding back into Wales again, with blue skies, the wind on my back and another crossing of the Runcorn Bridge.

runcorn_bridge.jpg

Progress was swift for the first couple of hours, then I started to climb ...... and climb. I stopped to eat my sandwiches part way up one of these climbs, I usually try to avoid stopping until completing a climb, but on this occasion was glad of the break.

wales.jpg

I was heading towards Corwen but decided to do a U-turn at about the 45 mile mark as the prospect of a fabulous descent in font of me implied that I'd only have to climb it on the return :whistle:

Passing through Chester on the homeward leg I stopped off alongside Chester Race Course (The Roodee) which is the oldest race course in England still in use.

rodee.jpg

Then once over the Runcorn Bridge I put in a few local laps to make up the distance, with a brief stop in Hale Village to re-acquaint myself with The Childe of Hale.

childe_of_hale.jpg

A ride which was challenging at times but satisfying. It was also quite noticeable that for some strange reason I was invisible to the vast majority of "roadies" .... hmmmmm.....

Roll on May once @Edwardoka has April done and dusted :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Give me a few more weeks to get fit and I'll start posting my 100's

Unfortunately you are too late for the Imperial Century challenge as it runs from January to December.
However that doesn't stop you posting your rides in the Metric 50's, 100's & 50 imperial threads as they seem to start at any time.
In fact if you have any metric 50's and 100's or imperial 50's to date, post away.

I had to abort the only shot I had at an imperial ton this month, due to thick fog ( not even mentioned by the met office's ZX spectrum :gun:) on my only full day available for riding this month. If I'd had any idea how cack the weather was going to get, I'd have extended this one by 12 miles.
https://www.strava.com/activities/279787597

The irony is, that If April had 31 days in it, I'd have got it in tomorrow :cry:. Oh well, at least May's effort is a shoe in :thumbsup:..

If it makes you feel any better, I've still got 122 more miles to ride today (already done 16, writing this on a train) and the route is likely to take me well above the snow line :cold::cry::surrender:

The joys of leaving it to the last literal minute...

P.s. if I'm not back before midnight do I get dq'd? :tongue:

Top Bottom