The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm done for May.
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/783302976
Even when travelling east I was getting a headwind today.
Lots of up and downs for the flatlands!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
IT band injury picked up during hill reps and a lack of opportunity means that I'm only going to get one shot at it this month, on the 3 pistes sportive on the 31st - and the organisers just forecast snow. That's going to be a fun day...
Good luck with that!

I am 60 next year and might mark that significant age by having a go at the imperial century challenge instead of the metric century one. I'm thinking that if necessary I could 'cheat' by flying somewhere warm for a cycling holiday at the end of January/start of February to cover those 2 winter months, and do the same again at the end of November/start of December. (I have a small pension coming up at the start of next year and the lump sum would easily cover a couple of off-season cycling trips.)

sittingbull

Veteran
So that just leaves Mr @sittingbull and Mr @Edwardoka to complete their qualifying ride for May.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........still a week left, no rush :whistle:

Good luck Ed :okay:

Great idea @ColinJ , make it happen! A friend of mine was 80 earlier this year and if the plan comes together he's cycling from Liverpool to Cromarty (north of Inverness), next summer, a distance of approximately 425 miles and back again over 10 days with one rest day. It's still in the early planning stage though and depends on a number of factors.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good luck with that!

I am 60 next year and might mark that significant age by having a go at the imperial century challenge instead of the metric century one. I'm thinking that if necessary I could 'cheat' by flying somewhere warm for a cycling holiday at the end of January/start of February to cover those 2 winter months, and do the same again at the end of November/start of December. (I have a small pension coming up at the start of next year and the lump sum would easily cover a couple of off-season cycling trips.)

Failing the flight to somewhere warm, just come over to East Yorkshire where it's flat & a ton will be easier (depending on the wind) :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Failing the flight to somewhere warm, just come over to East Yorkshire where it's flat & a ton will be easier (depending on the wind) :okay:
Hmm - I did a metric century from Garforth on a windy day once ... boy, that was hard riding into the wind! Without any hills or tall buildings in the way, the wind was whipping across the flatlands.

I spotted a group of older club cyclists in the distance who were struggling to make progress but it took me ages to catch up and overtake them.

I imagine that the windchill on windy winter days could be horrendous! :cold:

Doctor appointment on Friday. Going to ask for them to prescribe me all the painkillers, as my recovery is not nearly as assured as I would like with 5 days to go.

The good news is that if I get through Sunday's event I have 5 vastly harder consecutive days in the saddle lined up for the second week in June... :crazy: (booked before picking up the injury, too late for refunds :B):cry:)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Doctor appointment on Friday. Going to ask for them to prescribe me all the painkillers, as my recovery is not nearly as assured as I would like with 5 days to go.

The good news is that if I get through Sunday's event I have 5 vastly harder consecutive days in the saddle lined up for the second week in June... :crazy: (booked before picking up the injury, too late for refunds :B):cry:)

Once again, good luck for Sunday.

Top Bottom