The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Someone's been reading the first post in this thread :okay:

Technically I might be able to claim it as I never went home between the rides, I just stopped and did a days work ^_^

sittingbull

Veteran
I discounted one of mine (years before the challenge) 'cos I went home twice and had a meal each time. On the rare occasions I've returned home for glasses, water etc. I make sure I cover a ton before finishing.

Technically yours' may count if you didn't have a sleep :tongue:

When I started again in 2012 my first was without unclipping :smile:

Well done for today :okay: If the wind was anything like we've got here it was less than ideal.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I discounted one of mine (years before the challenge) 'cos I went home twice and had a meal each time. On the rare occasions I've returned home for glasses, water etc. I make sure I cover a ton before finishing.

Technically yours' may count if you didn't have a sleep :tongue:

When I started again in 2012 my first was without unclipping :smile:

Well done for today :okay: If the wind was anything like we've got here it was less than ideal.

It was very windy but the forecast had it much worse for you.

I haven't unclipped on any of my rides................

I use flats

sittingbull

Veteran
Less than 1/2mile from the river here so it's often windy.

Don't think I could ride far on flats, I tap dance on the pedals I'm so used to clipless.

So you ride mega miles on aluminium bikes using flats, nothing whatsoever wrong with that but not what I would have expected :smile:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
This month's done today, finished the sportive & my Garmin was only showing 99.9 miles, so a few laps of the car park, just to make sure. By eck it was windy & was tempted to opt for the 100km ride today, but glad I didn't :blush:
Some of my ton rides I've stopped at my 2nd home (Cross Keys :laugh:) but think I've always had a ton in by there anyway

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The usual reprobate's always try to get the ride done earlier in the month. More for the reason as the longer you leave it, the less chance of doing it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The usual reprobate's always try to get the ride done earlier in the month. More for the reason as the longer you leave it, the less chance of doing it.
I'd say it's sensible to do it early & pick a nice day, otherwise you could end up with bad weather at the end of the month as I have previously :sad: Saying that today wasn't ideal & I still did it :rolleyes:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am not a total fair weather cyclist , if I have entered an event
I will turn out and ride but if its just a solo ride it will be far more enjoyable on a nice day.

Maybe I am spoiled as I work long hours then get lots of days off if I only had one day to ride then I would probably MTFU.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Attempt #1 fail today...Got the Viner out of the garage, front tyre was soft...got the track pump out, restored it to usual pressure, set off. 17 or so miles later, it goes soft again…Pump it up again, rapidly deflates again. Obviously a slow leak. I'm not going to bother trying to fix it there and then- tyre's a Durano Plus, and a pig to put on and off even if I was expert in puncture repair (I'm not, simply because I average over a year between visits..). Limp round to the nearest station & then home. Get a new tube out- which inflates fine out of the box- and new tyre as the D+ has done quite a few miles anyway. Tyre won't inflate properly. Bork valve trying to sort this. New tube, again inflates fine...then doesn't in situ. ****!! No idea what's causing the problem, will let LBS have a look. Never mind, time enough (and a week off in a fortnight as well).

Top Bottom