The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sorry guys but August ride cant be done now .a holiday work and overtime plus other stuff have put me out of the challenge.

Good luck everyone.get your rides in early .
Sorry you're out.:sad:

Got my September ton in today. 125 contiguous miles ridden as part of the infamous 90 mile Bealach Mor sportive plus some riding to/from the train station. (plus 10 more miles after the 5 hour train journey back, with completely seized legs)
Will write up and update my post on t'other thread once I'm starting to feel human again.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Good effort @Edwardoka hope it wasn't as windy for you as it was round here yesterday :cheers:

rb58

Enigma
That's September's century in the bag for me. Circumstances at home mean getting out for any length of time will be difficult over the next few weeks, so I took the most of today's opportunity, leaving home at 6am and using the tried and tested FNRttC route to Whitstable. Boy, it was cold this morning and for the first twenty minutes or so I was regretting my choice of short fingered gloves. Things soon warmed up when the sun made an appearance and I was pushed along nicely by a gentle tailwind, arriving at the Waterfront at 9.00am on the dot. A quick chat to Fay and it was clear I was half an hour early for breakfast, so I headed to the Beach Cafe opposite, and I have to say, they do a top Full English. Better than the Waterfront's, but without the view out to sea. I was hoping to cross paths with @ianrauk and @Trickedem on the way back as they were heading to Faversham via a longer route, but I was making good progress and was through Faversham about an hour before they were due to arrive, so I pushed on. The headwind made itself known particularly across the more exposed marshland sections and I was feeling the lack of recent miles in my legs, but it was a bright, sunny day and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride home. Noticeably polite drivers as well. Home about 1.30pm.

Just shy of 105 miles. As it was forecast to be dry, I took the Cannondale (Synapse 2015 Disc, Di2). The more I ride it, the more I love it. The miles just fly by and it's so responsive. Two things about it I don't like though - the stock saddle (a Fabric) which I really must do something about, and the Matt black paint job, which I can't do anything about I guess. Other than that, it just makes you want to go out and ride.

Good luck to the rest of you for September - don't leave it too late!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
That's September's century in the bag for me. Circumstances at home mean getting out for any length of time will be difficult over the next few weeks, so I took the most of today's opportunity, leaving home at 6am and using the tried and tested FNRttC route to Whitstable. Boy, it was cold this morning and for the first twenty minutes or so I was regretting my choice of short fingered gloves. Things soon warmed up when the sun made an appearance and I was pushed along nicely by a gentle tailwind, arriving at the Waterfront at 9.00am on the dot. A quick chat to Fay and it was clear I was half an hour early for breakfast, so I headed to the Beach Cafe opposite, and I have to say, they do a top Full English. Better than the Waterfront's, but without the view out to sea. I was hoping to cross paths with @ianrauk and @Trickedem on the way back as they were heading to Faversham via a longer route, but I was making good progress and was through Faversham about an hour before they were due to arrive, so I pushed on. The headwind made itself known particularly across the more exposed marshland sections and I was feeling the lack of recent miles in my legs, but it was a bright, sunny day and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride home. Noticeably polite drivers as well. Home about 1.30pm.

Just shy of 105 miles. As it was forecast to be dry, I took the Cannondale (Synapse 2015 Disc, Di2). The more I ride it, the more I love it. The miles just fly by and it's so responsive. Two things about it I don't like though - the stock saddle (a Fabric) which I really must do something about, and the Matt black paint job, which I can't do anything about I guess. Other than that, it just makes you want to go out and ride.

Good luck to the rest of you for September - don't leave it too late!
Funnily enough, I didn't :smile: Weather looked good, I probably won't get one done next weekend (fifty or so miles with a certain German ex-professional will do...), I might ride to Cardiff for the FNRttC, but if I don't...so I got one in the bank. A somewhat slower (but I'd hazard a guess, also somewhat lumpier- over 5k of climbing on even the more pessimistic figures) 106 mile loop.

Top Bottom