The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Me too. A new variation on the loop- west to Wickham, then north to West Meon, then east as far as Storrington before going south-west to Barnham on some roads that FNRttC riders would remember well, including a certain hill- which didn't actually seem that bad this time. Realised the mileage wasn't going to reach triple figures if I went straight back, stuck an extra little up/down detour between Chi and Emsworth, popped into the LBS and finally down to Eastney (getting stuck in post-match traffic) before returning home. I'm off next week, but best to get it in the bag now, weather's had an unfortunate habit of darkening my leave!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm off next week, but best to get it in the bag now, weather's had an unfortunate habit of darkening my leave!

You might have made the right move, forecast here is for rain next week :sad: I've been off this last week & have been blessed with splendid weather :sun:

StuAff

You might have made the right move, forecast here is for rain next week :sad: I've been off this last week & have been blessed with splendid weather :sun:
I meant the week after (Mon 12th) but I have the sneaking suspicion there might be some rain.......!

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've braved the fog and have the October qualifier in the bag.^_^ Harder work than I expected though. The legs felt really lethargic so I'm quite chuffed to have averaged over 13mph.

Ride report here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/post-3935297

Nice write up :smile:

I also got my ton in yesterday. The threatened fog didn't arrive and it was cool but dry all the way around. I enjoyed myself, looking for roads I didn't know - ending up in dead ends and rocky unmade roads. I also sought hills so it was a fair bit of climbing.

https://www.strava.com/activities/405523082

After yesterday's TT, my legs were shot for today's Hill Climbs after which I said to a mate it felt like I could spin all day but not any faster, so I did. I think it was 125miles but that was the longest continuous ride and gets my October ton in the sun as I'm a fair weather cyclist.
sportograf-58709277_lowres.jpg

Looks like it's just me and two others left to log a ride this month. I'm in trouble. I was almost recovered from persistent bronchitis when I had a bad fall (on a slippery living room floor, not a bike) last weekend and now that the swelling has gone down it's clear that I've either bruised or cracked my ribs. Annoyingly the weather looks like being perfect for cycling this weekend :sad:

I'll certainly try and log a ride before the month is out but I've not done more than 10 miles since my last qualifying ride, so rib injury or not it's going to be a sore one!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Edwardoka
@redfalo

Guys, this weekend is the last weekend of the month.
Have you qualifying rides planned?

@Edwardoka
@redfalo

Nothing planned, no. Going to keep an eye on the weather, if it's as windy at the weekend as it is going to be tomorrow (50mph westerly) then a train to the west coast and freewheel home might be the only option!

(Although there is always next Saturday...)

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
@Edwardoka
@redfalo

Sure thing. I'm on my second RRtY, so not riding is not an option. This is on the plate for Saturday - a new DIY 200 route, based on the Audax Club Hackney's Straight Outta Hackney but hopefully on less annoying roads within the M25.
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=zxagglwzkacoxukz
@Eddie_C and @mllond will come along. We meet 7am at the Southern dip of Clissold Park, and 7.10am at Lee Valley Ice Rink.

StuAff

Sure thing. I'm on my second RRtY, so not riding is not an option. This is on the plate for Saturday - a new DIY 200 route, based on the Audax Club Hackney's Straight Outta Hackney but hopefully on less annoying roads within the M25.
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=zxagglwzkacoxukz
@Eddie_C and @mllond will come along. We meet 7am at the Southern dip of Clissold Park, and 7.10am at Lee Valley Ice Rink.
Hopefully Mary will remember the drugs this time ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nothing planned, no. Going to keep an eye on the weather, if it's as windy at the weekend as it is going to be tomorrow (50mph westerly) then a train to the west coast and freewheel home might be the only option!

(Although there is always next Saturday...)

Did you manage a ride at the weekend Ed?

Top Bottom