The Imperial Century A Month Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
22498194560_be648d54e6_b.jpg

Planned a nice easy one down to Cambridge the long way to meet some folk but the folk I was going with all bottled out and I wasn't in the mood for a solo ride in thick fog, so I abandoned that. Woke to a glorious morning and met some folks for a local ride instead and we bumped into a larger group of friends and I done 50 with them and as it was such a nice day, I went and done another 53 http://ridewithgps.com/trips/6971483 :okay:

Trickedem

Guru
Just a thought as 2015 draws to an end and we earn another star on our signature. How about having a special star with a five, for those of us who will have completed five years of this challenge

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Mrs Soltydog still isn't great & she's not keen on giving me a full day pass, but I've come up with a 'great' plan Tues & weds next week are currently free days, so I plan to get up & set off at around 5am & get my ton done by lunchtime, so I keep SWMBO happy :blush: I must be bloody crackers :wacko: Fingers crossed it all goes to plan

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got mine done today. Ended up taking today off work as we had plans for this aft, so as I've been on early shifts, getting up before 4am, I decided to have a lie in & got up just after 5, & set off on my little ride at 5.45 & back home for 12. Damn sure it was more than the 12mph wind that they forecast :angry: I'll update details later on :okay:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Mines going to be a late one this month, earliest I can now do it is Thursday.

Unless I magically get significantly fitter in the next week I'm unlikely to be posting a ton. Tenerife is brutal. 12,000 feet of climbing in 49 miles yesterday :surrender::B)

I am basically withdrawing from the challenge. It has been a lot of fun and has forced me out onto the bike on days I ordinarily wouldn't go, and has given me lots of great memories.

But.

There is no way I can feasibly add 74 miles and 7,000+ feet of elevation gain to today's supposedly simple ride back from the bike hire shop to the hotel. It broke me.

I'm going to sleep on it but I don't anticipate a different decision in the morning. :sad::cry:

Good luck to everyone still in the challenge!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am basically withdrawing from the challenge. It has been a lot of fun and has forced me out onto the bike on days I ordinarily wouldn't go, and has given me lots of great memories.

But.

There is no way I can feasibly add 74 miles and 7,000+ feet of elevation gain to today's supposedly simple ride back from the bike hire shop to the hotel. It broke me.

I'm going to sleep on it but I don't anticipate a different decision in the morning. :sad::cry:

Good luck to everyone still in the challenge!

Hey bud.. you did well to get this far in your first year of the challenge. No shame in that. Chapeau.
And 2016's challenge is only round the corner.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I am basically withdrawing from the challenge.
Good effort mate, & I think challenges like this help us get out & push hard, when otherwise we wouldn't. This is my 2nd attempt & hopefully I'll complete my December ride, but think last time I only made it to either September or October. The winter months are the real test in this challenge & best of luck next next year if you opt to do it again. I'm still undecided on next year :blush:

Top Bottom