The Mandela effect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dim

lol .... but getting to Mandela ... Mandela died a few days before they said he did .... there was a lot of 'wrangling' between the family members before the official announcement, and a lot of security concerns

I lived in South Africa for most of my life ....

I have a different 'opinion' of Mandela but won't stir the pot on this forum :becool:

Drago

Legendary Member
It's smug knowitalism like that web page that drives previously sane people to carry out horrible atrocities, such as being unkind to animals, speeding slightly above the limit, and writing indignant letters to their local paper.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I can't usually remember what actually did happen let alone what might have!!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Many years ago I went on holiday to the USA with friends, and we had a hire minibus and I was one of the drivers.
I can picture myself driving across the desert - in the right hand seat. I can't have been - it was a US vehicle with left hand drive, so my memory has switched me to the position it 'thinks' I should have been in. Odd.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think you are mixing him up with Freddy Mercury who was kept "alive" so that Bohemian Rhapsody would be No.1 for Xmas. I know this because the person who told me was in a famous punk bank and knew someone at the record label.
Is that true ?
I really never knew that fact.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Many years ago I went on holiday to the USA with friends, and we had a hire minibus and I was one of the drivers.
I can picture myself driving across the desert - in the right hand seat. I can't have been - it was a US vehicle with left hand drive, so my memory has switched me to the position it 'thinks' I should have been in. Odd.

Funny, the wife and I did a road trip down the Eastern seaboard and I vividly remember sitting in the right hand seat as we drove through the cotton fields of Georgia. But my wife doesn't drive.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I hate buzzfeed.
I think it's Buzzfeed that does the 'people from one country try another country's snacks' videos on YouTube. I saw one where an American teenager said she preferred Hershey's to UK Dairy Milk. I know Dairy Milk's not the best chocolate you can buy, but that's the very definition of Wrong On The Internet.

Tin Pot

Guru
Anybody else seen this and have any comments

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophe...-make-you-ques?utm_term=.fjyqadG77#.ryOlEyZbb

Certainly makes you think

It makes me think that people have no idea what the hell they are talking about if they think minor grammar errors are significant lapses in memory.

The reality is that virtually your entire memory of the past is created from scratch when you try to remember it, there are no "true" and complete memories - your witness of events is unreliable and filling in blanks with complete fantasy yet utterly convinced it is an accurate recall of history.

*That* should make people think.

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom