The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustybucket

Veteran
https://www.strava.com/activities/278927175

Will post in the other thread later. Smashed my pb by an hour. Head wind helped.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Set out today intending to complete Scotland coast to coast over 3 days, Largs to Berwick on Tweed (ok so that's in England - but only just and I need to go there for a train back to civilisation!). Got a phone call (whilst 40 miles into the ride) from the hotel I had booked for an overnight stop in Carstairs to tell me they had messed up and couldn't honour the laterooms.com booking :ohmy:. I carried on to Lanark, so still managed the 100km, but couldn't find accommodation so took the train home :sad:. Might take the bike in the car tomorrow if I can get up early enough, and resume from Lanark - but it's going to cause some logistical problems. Still need to arrange an overnight stop somewhere around Galashiels/Kelso, but hopefully that will be more straightforward.

Fubar

Guru
Is everyone on strava who is doing this challenge? I would like to follow and keep up with everyone's progress. Am already following a couple of people.

Sent you PM re above.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Best of luck @Brandane with your logistics
Thanks. Made it to Lanark for an 11:15 start, and now in Melrose (think I missed out on another 100km ride by about 5km, but Achilles tendons had had enough of the hills).
Final leg tomorrow is Melrose to Berwick on Tweed; that looks to be in the 100km region too. That's assuming achilles don't force an abandonment.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
More appropriate place to discuss it:

March is done and I seem to recall making a stupid comment about things getting easier.:rolleyes:

January - 102.81 miles (165.42km) 1 point
February - 103.2 miles ((166.04km) 2 points
March - 104.02 miles (167.36km) 3 points

And you are so knackered that you are posting in the metric century thread rather than the imperial one! :laugh::okay:
Well done, but didn't we decide that you were actually doing the IMPERIAL century a month challenge? :whistle:
Imperial century thread has also been updated.:okay: As already mentioned I'm hedging my bets as I haven't attempted the 100 mile a month challenge before and was completely new to the metric century challenge last year.

The smiley is noted but since this is the second hint that's been dropped, are you trying to say I shouldn't be posting in the metric century thread?:sad:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The smiley is noted but since this is the second hint that's been dropped, are you trying to say I shouldn't be posting in the metric century thread?:sad:
More a case of me being forgetful and not remembering exactly who posted what, where!

I am currently doing the metric century and half metric century challenges. I don't put the centuries in the half century thread, but if I stall on the centuries later in the year then I would have to go back and 'demote' all the centuries to double half metrics, if you see what I mean? :wacko:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
More a case of me being forgetful and not remembering exactly who posted what, where!

I am currently doing the metric century and half metric century challenges. I don't put the centuries in the half century thread, but if I stall on the centuries later in the year then I would have to go back and 'demote' all the centuries to double half metrics, if you see what I mean? :wacko:
Ah, I understand. I'm keeping it straightforward and listing all the rides that qualify. Might even see if I can manage a double point ride for this challenge if things go well later on.^_^ Only need to manage 15km on top of my best so far.:heat:

Top Bottom