The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I'll be getting up at stupid o'clock tomorrow to meet up with @Dark46 to ride down to Chepstow and back, taking in the Severn Bridge. It is known locally as the "Bridge and Back" ride, and last time I did it, it was 99km - so I'll have to throw in a couple of little detours to big it up. Decided to get my 100 in early this month and show @maltloaf how it's done, even though I'm still aching from my Snake Pass ride. ........ (OK, so my real reason is that I didn't send off my audax application form in time and I'm panicking a bit).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm doing the Ditchling Devil 200k Audax on Sunday, so fingers crossed for that. Then the next weekend I have the Velothon Wales, although there's a real chance of DNFing on that due to the rather high minimum speed requirement. 19km/h minimum. I averaged only slightly more than that on the pancake flat Great Escape 200k a couple of weeks ago.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
:hello:

I've not been here for a while but have done at least one metric century each month this year. :angel: I'll put the details up on t'other thread tomorrow when I can be bothered to hunt through Garmin Connect to find the details. Not sorted anything out for the weekend yet but earlier today someone told me about a "new" coffee stop whose cakes are highly recommended. Further investigation is required ASAP and that will definitely be 100+kms.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel

I've not been here for a while but have done at least one metric century each month this year. :angel: I'll put the details up on t'other thread tomorrow when I can be bothered to hunt through Garmin Connect to find the details. Not sorted anything out for the weekend yet but earlier today someone told me about a "new" coffee stop whose cakes are highly recommended. Further investigation is required ASAP and that will definitely be 100+kms.
Nice to hear from you again after all this time, Jo...... Was starting to worry whether anything had happened to you!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

:hello::hello::hello: Welcome back! I was starting to think you'd left us for good.

gavgav

Guru

Hiya @coffeejo !! Good to see you are still out on the bike. Miss your ride reports!!

gavgav

Guru
There have been hills to curse, swift descents, cold days, wet days, hot days, windy days, long days... and cake! The usual, really.
As long as there was cake then all is well with the world :okay:!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well, that was a lovely ride. My last three big rides have been 200k audaxes and Velothon Wales, so all a bit stressful with lots of other things to think about.

Today was different. Just me, on my bike. A route in the GPS for me to follow if I wanted to, no concerns about cut off times or any of that. Great weather. Not much traffic. I did my good Samaritan bit by giving a stranded MTB-er a packet of puncture repair patches. I chose a less hilly route than usual and the big rides seem to have affected my fitness for the better as I found it all quite easy. I was blasting along at 30+ km/h through Paddock Wood, and on the dual carriageway there, thinking this was going to be a fast one. However, I passed 100k in a bit over 5 hours, so my usual 20 km/h average, but really ... who cares about stuff like that?

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Looking at the formal stats on t'other thread, it strikes me that some of you should be banned from the metric challenge next year and take on the imperial one instead.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Half way, and it looks like there are 13 of us still in. I've put the number of points in brackets for those who are tracking their points. I didn't try to work out points for those who aren't

@coffeejo Last Post
@Fubar (16) Last Post
@Rickshaw Phil (8) Last Post
@Dogtrousers (16) Last Post
@Supersuperleeds (15) Last Post
@Rustybucket (20) Last Post
@Goonerobes (15) Last Post
@maltloaf Last Post
@Donger Last Post
@fatjel Last Post
@Sea of vapours (29) Last Post
@ColinJ (10) Last Post
@Brandane Last Post

It looks like we may have lost @nickyboy and @Spartak Hope everything's OK with you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looking at the formal stats on t'other thread, it strikes me that some of you should be banned from the metric challenge next year and take on the imperial one instead.
I raised that point myself while you were 'away'. I am doing the metric and the half metric challenges but I choose to keep the rides separate.

It's only a bit of motivational fun though, isn't it? As long as it encourages us to go out on our bikes more it doesn't really matter what we do with the numbers once we get home!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I raised that point myself while you were 'away'. I am doing the metric and the half metric challenges but I choose to keep the rides separate.

It's only a bit of motivational fun though, isn't it? As long as it encourages us to go out on our bikes more it doesn't really matter what we do with the numbers once we get home!
I know! It just strikes me that anyone who has got 12+ points at this stage in the game is probably up for the gold star challenge.

Top Bottom