The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I'm glad got mine in now for August. My back has also gone! No riding for me for the foreseeable future!
I'd offer to highfive you but...

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pft. Two weeks left of August and thanks to a bad back, sore knee and other issues, I've not even managed a metric century in a week let alone one ride. Two weeks left or the misery I endured on those qualifying rides in January and February will have been for nothing. :cry:
I hope that you make a miracle recovery in time ...

I'm glad got mine in now for August. My back has also gone! No riding for me for the foreseeable future!
And that you do in time for your September ride!

I should be getting my August metric century in on my forum ride a week tomorrow, but there's a chance that I might go out and do a different one before then.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
That goes for me too. Good luck to @Rustybucket and @coffeejo. I thought I was out a couple of weeks ago, too..... but you just never know for sure. In my case I fought against every instinct to get back on the bike until I'd had 2 whole weeks of complete rest. Also took anti-inflamatories and plenty of ice packs. Then when I finally went for it, I made an early start before our club ride and got a gentle and very flat 12 miles on the clock before it all kicked off, and I would have gone my own way if it looked like they were doing any big hills.

It's not cheating to find yourself a really flat route and take an age over it for once. I'm sure everyone would excuse you a few gentle laps of the Somerset levels or canal path rides! Would be a real shame to waste those Winter efforts after all this time. I'm starting to appreciate the number of factors that all have to go right for you to get through this thing.... Weather, health, real life (work/family issues) getting in the way etc. Once again, good luck.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I did my first 100 km 12 days ago so i`ll have a go at the challenge :bicycle:
http://www.strava.com/activities/359667759
Welcome aboard. You can join the challenge any time, and post your rides to the other thread. I think there are some vague rules somewhere but all I could find was this.
The 2015 Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge Basically just post your rides in best handwriting to the other thread.

I've gone and got myself a job, which reduces the 100k riding possibilities, and I've not been near a bike so far this month. Weekends have suddenly become rare and precious again. Still two left in August tho... On the plus side it may afford cycle commuting possibilities which could be good for fitness. We shall see.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Welcome aboard. You can join the challenge any time, and post your rides to the other thread. I think there are some vague rules somewhere but all I could find was this.
The 2015 Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge Basically just post your rides in best handwriting to the other thread.

I've gone and got myself a job, which reduces the 100k riding possibilities, and I've not been near a bike so far this month. Weekends have suddenly become rare and precious again. Still two left in August tho... On the plus side it may afford cycle commuting possibilities which could be good for fitness. We shall see.
I thought you had to do (at least!) one each calendar month, starting in January, for the whole year?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I thought you had to do (at least!) one each calendar month, starting in January, for the whole year?
There was some discussion about this, probably in this thread. I think (happy to be corrected) the outcome was as follows:

You can join the challenge any time you like. I joined in something like Sept 2014. Obviously you won't be able to complete Jan-Dec of that year, but it puts you in a good position to do the following calendar year - a running start as it were.

However, if you join and miss a month then you have to wait until the next January to rejoin. If you manage to complete a calendar year Jan-Dec then you would be eligible for the MCAM special award, if there was one. But there isn't.

The rules for the Imperial Century a month challenge are different and stricter I think. You'd meed to check with @ianrauk

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I did my first 100 km 12 days ago so i`ll have a go at the challenge :bicycle:
http://www.strava.com/activities/359667759

I think the euphoria of me doing my first 100 km got the better of me :shy:. I`v had a bit of cooling off time since then to think about it and decided I cant see myself doing this in the winter months, plus I have to work every other Saturday which gives me little time to have a crack at it, plus my wife has caught the bug so i`ll be wanting to spend what time I have at the weekends cycling with her :rolleyes: .I think what i`m trying to say is that i`m not ready yet :smile:

I did pop in another 100 km ride today though for posterity http://www.strava.com/activities/370421977

Happy hunting to all in on the challenge :highfive:

Top Bottom