The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That's August in the bag. Went extremely well, considering that it was the first time I've been on a bike this month. The rest seemed to have done me good. Did the whole ride without stopping, with the rather annoying side effect that I dropped an Eccles cake that I was eating when I hit a bump. I was heartbroken. Knees rather ominously sore now though.

Gosh! Having just looked at your ride today, it seems that there are bits of Scotland - or one bit anyway - which is approaching fairly flat (though there does seem to be something of a cliff at about 60km). Rather a nice route, that.

Fubar

Guru
Gosh! Having just looked at your ride today, it seems that there are bits of Scotland - or one bit anyway - which is approaching fairly flat (though there does seem to be something of a cliff at about 60km). Rather a nice route, that.

Yeah, most of the first part of that ride is flat, nice climb after the cafe stop at 65k.

Rustybucket

Veteran
I'm definitely out of this challenge! Back isn't in a great place at the moment, seen the chiropractor today and had some acupuncture too. Good luck to everyone for the rest of the year - see you in 2016!

Rustybucket

Veteran
Thanks guys!

Books 1 & 2 will hopefully help me get match fit to do book 3 !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 35
Sorry to hear that :-\ I hope your back improves rapidly.

fatjel

Veteran
Get yourself well again Rustybucket.. Have been there so you have my full sympathy for what its worth.
I resorted to a sadist physio in the end.
I phoned one day and said the exercises were really hurting.
"They'll be working then " she said and hung up.

eevvee

Just entered my 105k cycle from Saturday on the challenge pages - aim is to keep up the enthusiasm as the weather worsens and in January start the 12 month cycle of cycling 100k (or more) per month.

September
September 19th 105.2km Montrose - Stonehaven-Aucheblae-Brechin - Montrose https://www.strava.com/activities/395304675 (1 Point)
September 24 - 106.8km - Montrose - Stonehaven-Aucheblae-Brechin - Montrose againt
https://www.strava.com/activities/399150715 (1 point)

Last edited:
Top Bottom