The moon smells of...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
montage said:
What if an elephant jumped on the moon, but the only thing that was able to see was a dog? But unfortunately the dog doesn't know if the elephant jumped because dogs can't look up.

Yes they can! Big Al was wrong!!! :evil:

montage

God Almighty
how does the moon smell?

with its nose!

montage

God Almighty
on the road said:
She must have a great sense of smell to be able to smell something that's 238,000 miles away :evil:

erm, lets have that in light years please.

The moon would smell of rock...why? Because it is rock!
This is assuming that there is an atmosphere, without which you cannot smell.

OP
OP
PashleyPrincess

PashleyPrincess

Wolf04 said:
Perhaps she knows how to use this new fangled interweb thingy.
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/30jan_smellofmoondust.htm

Or she watches QI

She reads the National Geographic (kiddies version) twas in there. She loves anything to do with space and we both have an interest in astronomy and cosmology (we're even nerdy enough to have a telescope). We went to Jodrell Bank and I bought her a book aimed at kids re the Big Bang. She read it and when next her class were discussing the creation of the world in RS or whatever she told her teacher God couldn't have created the world because of the Big Bang etc etc. Her school's fairly religious for a state primary, so I'm persona non-grata at Parents' Evening now.

I think I may have given birth to a Stephanie Hawkings :evil:. She's cool ;).

redjedi

Über Member
She's obviously got her hands on a Smelloscope

smelloscope.jpg

asterix

Comrade Member
Cider.

ACS

Legendary Member
I asked my 4 year old granddaughter to get the definite answer - "the green smelly stuff you put in the bath, silly." So there we have it; the moon smells of ‘Radox’

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
montage said:
erm, lets have that in light years please.

238 000 miles is a bit under 1.28 light seconds. Light years aren't a helpful measure for this - it's like saying a Mars Bar weighs 0.07 kg:biggrin:
*ponders a 1kg Mars Bar*
*feels ill. And hungry:tongue:*

Night Train

Maker of Things
TheDoctor said:
238 000 miles is a bit under 1.28 light seconds. Light years aren't a helpful measure for this - it's like saying a Mars Bar weighs 0.07 kg:biggrin:
*ponders a 1kg Mars Bar*
*feels ill. And hungry:tongue:*
More like saying a Mars bar weighs 0.00007 tonnes.

If the Moon had an atmosphere to allow it to be sniffed at then it would smell polluted. We're not good at leaving things clean.

It is gunpowder.

OP
OP
PashleyPrincess

PashleyPrincess

marinyork said:
It's a very good time to be young in Cosmology with all the new stuff coming out all the time.

I agree. This is science which is moving so fast. Even in the short time I've been interested it's amazing how much things have moved on. When I think of the things that will come to light in the next century - I wish I could live to see it...

Top Bottom