FNRttC The (not the) Fridays Tour of the Low Countries 2015

Which of these week-long tours would you sign up for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Good point. There was a discussion about it starting on September 11 but that was when the south of France was a possibility. August might have too many other people on holiday as well: how about this date to start on:

Friday September 4

I am aware some people such as @StuAff and @AKA Bob need to book up a long time in advance for holidays. Is this a bad time for anyone? I seem to recall this is ok for @srw and @rvw.

@flyingdodo and myself are very interested but not yet 100% committed. We have no preference on dates, in principle.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
No problem here. No news about the first lot of leave I picked yet, let alone getting to pick the rest! When I do......

StuartG

slower but further
How does an unsupported ride figure in your daily mileages @mmmmartin? Not at all or maybe 10/15 miles down on a baggage free trip?
It will be nice to have you with us (or slightly ahead) all the time.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Be assured there won't be any days like the 130k from cholet to rochelle. (But 30k of that was downhill and much of it was flat.) It's not really the distance, it's more to do with the total hours of cycling. The Low Countries are fairly flat. For instance, you will recall the highest point on the Brussels-Ostend ride was probably that bridge over the canal. So a day like that with luggage is pretty much similar to a day over the same terrain without luggage.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Starting 4th September works better for me. @srw will have to check his work diary...
It's looking unlikely. Already three big meetings in the diary, and one or two complicated sums to check.

Which reminds me, I need to work out a trip to India next year, as well as another holiday.

StuartG

slower but further
Be assured there won't be any days like the 130k from cholet to rochelle.
Personally I didn't have a too much of a problem with that. Maybe because the day before/after was short. A stretch is good (like Day 1 of LonJoG) - as long as it isn't the norm so recovery is possible. I guess on this tour there is better opportunity for folks to catch a train part way if a particular day is a bit too challenging.

I'm already mentally packing ... panniers on the road bike or T-bag on the Brompton? Decisions, decisions. Loving the anticipation.

rvw

Guru
It's looking unlikely. Already three big meetings in the diary, and one or two complicated sums to check.

Which reminds me, I need to work out a trip to India next year, as well as another holiday.

Unlike. :sad:

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
A date for the recce will be suggested shortly - hopefully before Martin goes off to Patagonia next week! Please then consider coming: ideally we need 2 or 3 people as well as Martin to do the recce & the tour.
I'm going to draft a route from the ideas on this thread, using cycle paths etc. Watch this space

Top Bottom