FNRttC The not the Fridays Tour 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianmac62

Guru
As those are in London and Surrey and our shenanigans will be in the opposite direction... is this a problem?
It is if you want to take part in both sets of shenanigans.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Any progress on a date for the FEAR yet? Can I make a suggestion - that the weekend including the 31st July is best avoided, because that's when the Ride London shindigs are happening.
None. In fact, not even a detailed route (although a general route and overall plan do exist). The date won't be the same as Ride London though. It'll be June, July or August. I might even ask which dates you'd would prefer: this would go to everyone in an email.
Surely this should be on some other thread? Sir.....
Good point, well expressed. I'll hunt for a Round Tuit.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
None. In fact, not even a detailed route (although a general route and overall plan do exist). The date won't be the same as Ride London though. It'll be June, July or August. I might even ask which dates you'd would prefer: this would go to everyone in an email.
Any date other than Ride London would be a very good start. Thank you. A detailed route is less important at this stage, I think, than a date.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Thoughts on June 23 and 24?
(Before I make a final decision I need to decide on a route and where we'll stay then ensure we don't clash with events generating vast road traffic and filling all the accommodation.)

Suggest 1-3 July for the FEAR? I don't see any conflicts with anything else on our calendar, not even those marked TBC. :okay:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Schools break up on July 10 onwards, maybe July 20. If we go after that date some people might be away on family holiday or others might be off school hence able to join us. Then again accommodation during school holidays might become a problem. Friday evening July 1, Saturday 2 & return to London by train on Sunday 3 might work.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
It will be impossible to accomodate all individual preferences, and as I'll be on the Paris ride, some tour recces and the real thing, I always expected it might be difficult to fit in the FEAR thing. Anyway, on that said 1st July weekend, I'll be grinding throught the Pennines on the Mille Pennines Audax.

Snail Bait

Thank you for adding me to the list. I'm looking forward to it. @redfalo do you have me down for one of the single rooms in Cologne? Hope to see some of you on Monday if I can make it. Cate / Snail Bait

kimble

Veteran
I was reminded that I should do this by certain people on the Christmas ride... I've added it to my calendar, and an email is on its way. The rest I can presumably work out later, preferably when my head isn't full of grot.

Is there going to be a loitering within tent contingent? I don't have the budget for hotels every night.

Last edited:
Top Bottom