FNRttC The not the Fridays Tour 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YuRjCvNXLU
The chorus says (in the local dialect): “Da Simmer dabei, dat is prima! Viva Colonia” which translates as:
"So count us in! That’s great! Viva Colonia!"

I've just watched this for the first time. It's catchy, isn't? A Lutheran chorale to open, a folksy verse and a stonkingly singable chorus. Here's the full literal (terrible) translation of the chorus, courtesy of an Oktoberfest page (http://www.oktoberfest-songs.com/viva-colonia-lyrics.html)

Count us in! That's awesome! VIVA COLONIA! We love life, love and the zest. We believe in the good Lord and we always want to drink.

I feel some creative translation juices flowing.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
some impressively trendy facial hair going on there, exceeded only by that sported by @User

ianmac62

Guru
My wife and I have just spent a few days in Den Bosch ('s-Hertogenbosch) - about 20 miles north of Tilburg (our first overnight stop) and were amazed by the infrastructure.

The receptionist at our hotel on the edge of town said that he would not recommend using taxis; it would be greener to use the buses with a cheap all-day ticket; it would be best, he said, to borrow one of the hotel's bikes. When I said we had brought our own, he said that the hotel had secure bike parking and he recommended the underground bike park in the city centre. It turned out to be manned, very secure and free.

Photo 1 - entrance to the bike park in Kerkstraat (Church Street) with the grooves to wheel bikes up and down obvs:

IMG_0483.jpg

Photo 2: The sign says Free Bikeparking Church Street:
IMG_0484.jpg

ianmac62

Guru
My wife could too ... with me obvs.

rvw

Guru
I think we should say "yes please" to that. I'll need space for a non-folding bike but can travel at any time to avoid restrictions on numbers of bikes.

Top Bottom