FNRttC The (not the) Fridays Tour of the Low Countries 2015

Which of these week-long tours would you sign up for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
In my defence, Your Honour, I put it to the court that we had a fairly alcohol-free week, what with none on the Saturday night ride from Brussels, or on the Monday night as we were too knackered to go to the shops, or the Tuesday as we were delayed by a bridge, and on the Friday I was in a state of nerves with the 400k ride the next morning. Then none on the Saturday as I was riding, obvs, and just a little before a very early night on Sunday.

You'll be pleased to hear I'm back on form and making up for it now though

And the absence of tgv trains etc makes this a tandem-friendly trip, obvs.
Hmm, I'd forgotten this comment.
@Flying Dodo - given current uncertainties re Grumpy Knees and Various Ideas we've been floating, this is one possibility we should not lose sight of.
Plan C, as it were.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
[QUOTE="velovoice, post: 3716838, member: 12540"
@Flying Dodo - given current uncertainties re Grumpy Knees and Various Ideas we've been floating, this is one possibility we should not lose sight of.
Plan C, as it were.[/QUOTE]
ahem
"of which we should not lose sight"

(from pedants' corner)

jiberjaber

Veteran
The more I read of this the more interested I am, I just need to solve the logistics of carrying luggage on my bike.... Can I be added to the conversation please?

jiberjaber

Veteran
Jason. Has done 2 or 3 night rides on a fast bike & is losing weight & getting faster, building stamina (he was dead at the foot of Ditchling on the first one :laugh:) From Essex but I for one don't hold that against him
Essex immigrant exiled from the North I'll have you know :laugh::thumbsup:

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
There will be a series of updates on the private conversation in the next few days, with a summary of each day with what to expect, and a few points on how to get the best out of the trip.

Gordon and I have sort of agreed on what we need to put in the daily summary. In any case he is shortly off to the Alps, over which he plans to march - towards the Med.

I need now to finalise GPX tracks for the Young And Knowledgeable to insert into their GPS units. That should be done in the next week or two.

The route you may choose to follow is pretty much sorted as are the food and drink stops. The feeding format will be pretty much the same as the Bordeaux ride with the lunch arrangements you may choose for the first four days being picnics, but the last four days can be cafes/restaurants.

We thought you'd like to ride at the end of the day to one central point in the town we'll stay at, then disperse to your accommodation, and meet at the same place in the morning. This place to be known as Fridays Central and the time of departure you will probably decide on will always be the same: 9.30am. This is a holiday. There's even a short easy day and a day off.

And there's a ferry every single day. Almost. But one day there are two ferries - one with an outboard motor and two old men wearing clogs. Honest.

Top Bottom