FNRttC The (not the) Fridays Tour of the Low Countries 2015

Which of these week-long tours would you sign up for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
no it was Giant leather, fully sprung, Like a Brooks. Ideal for the expedition bike and would have made a lot of difference had it been on the Raven when I went to that place I'm not allowed to mention cos @User says I keep going on about it.
but you know of.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
no it was Giant leather, fully sprung, Like a Brooks. Ideal for the expedition bike and would have made a lot of difference had it been on the Raven when I went to that place I'm not allowed to mention cos @User says I keep going on about it.
but you know of.
Oh, that place. Yes, remember it all too well.......

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
thanks - i had hoped my inability to bring a camera would mean I'd rely on others, and these are great pix.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
full.jpg
This guard is a star: if you see him, smile! He said he was onbly supposed to let 6 bikes on but by the time we reached Liverpool St there must have been 20 in there. When I thanked him he told me that "they" don't like too many bikes as it takes time at stops & delays the train and he had received a phone call but had "dealt with it". A laugh really as we were actually delayed by over-running engineering works which meant we moved at half speed for a long section. But good to know people bend the rules in our favour. Like the woman at the Hook terminal who after pressing the shutter button on the camera said "now Please take the bikes out of the terminal building"!

Gordon P

Does anyone have a copy of the Hook ferry terminal group photo that I can send to Stena & the woman who took it?

Gordon P

What a great bunch you are. Many thanks for everything, you were all marvellous .... That was certainly among the very best cycling I've done anywhere.
This sort of trip is possible only with a club like The Fridays: it's teamwork an' stuff
I can only wholeheartedly agree with Martin: it was a lot of fun & the fact that there was always someone to step in & help when things threatened to go wrong made it all much easier than it might have been.
I am so glad it all went so well & that we all enjoyed ourselves.
We will work on some ideas for 2016 & post them for a vote.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Does anyone have a copy of the Hook ferry terminal group photo that I can send to Stena & the woman who took it?
That pic is anxiously awaited in the mmmmartin household as I need to print it a few times and post it, with letters of thanks, to the people with whom we stayed. The bike shop that helped us above and beyond the call of duty will be receiving the photo and a medal plus letter of thanks for saving the final day, and presence at The Medal Ceremony of @Moodyman - without whom no Fridays Tour is complete.
I may be riding to Nord Kapp next year, and as that is a very long trip I may not be on the recce or the tour.

Gordon P

I just uploaded my GPS tracks to RideWithGPS & received this:
"Nicely done! Your ride from September 8 set a new personal record on Damse Vaart (Damme-Sluis)! You’re now ranked 34th"
it took us 21m 25 secs last week, compared with some 27 minutes when Martin & I recce'd the route - we were checking every pedal stroke.
I want to go back & see if I can beat the current leading time of 13 minutes....!:bicycle:

rvw

Guru
I have the ferry port pictures - probably rubbish quality as that's how good my phone camera is. Will get them sorted out at some stage. Helen has offered to do some work with Photoshop, to try to create one complete photo with Eddie and the top of Gordon's head in the same shot...

Top Bottom