The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

A couple from my recent holiday.

We visited the parrot Zoo just outside Skeggy, in the walk through Avery I gave this bird a peanut and it bit the end off then sat there looking at it for a while before finishing it off.

P1010686.jpg

Across the road from the caravan was the Fantasy Island theme park, on the way back one night I got this shot of rides against the evening sky

P1010715.jpg

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Mrs Donger and I have membership cards for Slimbridge Wildfowl Trust, so we call in regularly. Every time we go there, something different catches our attention. On this particular occasion it was the white faced ducks, who all seemed fascinated with something in one particular direction. We craned our
necks to try to see what it was, only for the penny to eventually drop. They were all soaking up the rays, as the sun was at its strongest for months, and the spring air was still cool. They were clearly all enjoying getting a bit of sun on their chests and faces. Mrs Donger and I now remember them by the name of "Sunbathing Ducks", and we always call in on their enclosure to see whether they are doing it again.
.. June 2014 part 1.5 128.jpg

Mrs Donger and I have membership cards for Slimbridge Wildfowl Trust, so we call in regularly. Every time we go there, something different catches our attention. On this particular occasion it was the white faced ducks, who all seemed fascinated with something in one particular direction. We craned our
necks to try to see what it was, only for the penny to eventually drop. They were all soaking up the rays, as the sun was at its strongest for months, and the spring air was still cool. They were clearly all enjoying getting a bit of sun on their chests and faces. Mrs Donger and I now remember them by the name of "Sunbathing Ducks", and we always call in on their enclosure to see whether they are doing it again.
.. View attachment 48366

the WWT centres are great for photography - always something to see and snap and (my favourite) no dogs (i tend to take a lot of shots kneeling or lying down, so gog poo isn't welcome).

a lot of the centres have photography days/courses too.

been snapping at the London one this weekend... mainly on film as i had another 'new' 120 camera to play with.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
the WWT centres are great for photography - always something to see and snap and (my favourite) no dogs (i tend to take a lot of shots kneeling or lying down, so gog poo isn't welcome).

a lot of the centres have photography days/courses too.

been snapping at the London one this weekend... mainly on film as i had another 'new' 120 camera to play with.

You're right there. Almost the perfect place for photography.Saw quite a few telephotos and lots of expensive equipment among the twitchers. Also got a fantastic sight of a kingfisher in flight, but was too slow on the draw.

You're right there. Almost the perfect place for photography.Saw quite a few telephotos and lots of expensive equipment among the twitchers. Also got a fantastic sight of a kingfisher in flight, but was too slow on the draw.

the London centre is awash with expensive kit!

it's a lucky man who gets a kingfisher, especially in flight. usually just a flash of blue and a peep peep call. Slimbridge is wonderful in winter when the Bewick Swans are there - seeing them come in for the evening feed is incredible. there's a little hide next to the In Focus shop that's great for photographing them.

paul04

Über Member
A few flowers in the garden

whitedaisysmall1.jpg
flowersmall4.jpg
Fuchsiasmall1.jpg
whiteflower1.jpg

Top Bottom