The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Could be my screen but that's too dark for my tastes. Do like it in black and white though. It lends itself to the simplicity of the "scene".
Very dark on mine and hard to make anything out either, plus I don't like the top of the tap being cut off but that is just me.

paul04

Über Member
On my screen it looks fine, but just looked at the picture on my mobile phone and yes it is dark, I will have look on the monitor for a screen calibration, will post back with a edited addition.

paul04

Über Member
With a reset of the monitor, and a edited in lightroom, I think this is better

tap 2.jpg

F70100

Who, me ?
@delb0y It doesn't look like you need any help but there's some useful lightroom stuff here

This morning's Lightroom's practice. This time on a photo from the other end of the very same canal:

16126699975_f0483f3765_c.jpg

You won't regret the Lightroom purchase. I've used quite a few bits of software now and Lightroom is far and away the best so far. It's worth taking the time to learn to use it. Compared to my old copy of CS2, it's raw converter (the basics bit) is so much better and it's sharpening is so much more controllable (press the alt key as you slide the sharpening sliders. I use CS2 less and less now, only for layers, cloning and resizing do I find it better and some b&w work but Lightroom is quicker. The other thing is that with lightroom you can quickly copy your adjustment settings and apply them to all other photos in a set. You can also see the effect of the changes you make by rolling over the history section on the left. Lens profile, chromatic aberration, noise reduction, all superb tools and I'm only about 50% through what it can do.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Might have said this before. but Xmas break homework for the photography class was to try a few shots using the square format. I took these two this morning on a very frosty Gloucester canal. The first one was way over-exposed but my new favourite software was able to get something usable out of it. The second was the opposite. My fault for having a go with the borrowed Nikon that I'm wholly unfamiliar with (still)

15949549098_5aebfc464c.jpg

16137000365_144c46027d.jpg

Top Bottom