The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
It's different. I used to use Elements 5 and it's effectively a cut down Photoshop. Lightroom is both a database and an editor. It does the photo mgt and workflow better, it's very easy to organise your photos, which Elements doesn't do. It's one of those personal, do I need it questions. You could always try it and see.

Its downloading as i type. :cheers:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Is it much better then Elements 13?

Its aimed at Photographers and is great for sorting out your pictures I always run pictures through it now download it and try it.

I decided to get the Photographers subscription because I was using photoshop elements and you can do way more with photoshop but when they were selling it they wanted £600 + for it but now it is subscription only it is much more affordable.

F70100

Who, me ?
I started to try and write out the pros and cons of Lightroom but thought that someone else more learned than me must have done it before. They have, and it's here.

If you already have Photoshop (or Elements), you will still find uses for it, particularly if you make composite images, birthday cards, web graphics etc. If you mostly just work on getting more out of single image files, then you might find that Photoshop doesn't get much use.

Peteaud

Veteran
After a play with LR

After and before

Barn.jpg
DSCN1257.JPG

Cyclist33

Same enhancements can be had with other software, of course, and the basic tuning-up which is as far as most people need to go, can be had for free either with stuff bundled with cameras, or Picasa, or Windows Live Photo etc etc. As with all software you get more out of it the more you learn to use it, I spend about 50 quid a year on imaging sofware upgrades but the ones I use most often (in fact, always) are the free ones.

Cyclist33

Dream.jpg

This being the original of the one I'll link to in a mo. Adjustments (crop, colouring, tones and sharpening) were done on Photoshop Express on the iPad, cost somewhere in the region of £1.99 if I remember right.

Cyclist33

Amazing how it's made those spinning plates look like sunflowers :rolleyes:

Top Bottom