The Photography Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
20170629_223006.jpg

jhawk

Veteran
A baby muskrat!

P7095439.jpg

P7115536.jpg

P7115544.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
Dartmoor: Not quite the picture i wanted but I was there at the wrong time and mainly mtn biking. So despite sitting on the bike waiting for the light to change, it didn't happen. Nevertherless, reminds me of a great day out on the mtn bike with views I could sit and look at all day.

35166496064_85787fe85b_b.jpg

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Correct in both cases. Banna Minn, and Burravoe. Well done!

To be fair, my grandparents spent their lives just a few miles away from Banna Minn (but on East Burra), so I've been there many times and last year, we stayed in Papil - less than half a mile from where the pic was taken. We had a great time and we even had a close-up view of a pod of orcas.

TBH, I was very surprised to see the pic on this forum. As you'll know, Banna Minn is right at the very south of West Burra and many (most) visitors don't take the trouble to go so far down the island. Whether you were advised to go there or you went on a whim, you made a good choice to take the trouble to go there - I'll bet that there were very few (if any) people on the beach.

I don't know Burravoe quite so well, though I had a good look around Yell and Unst last year. I'll presume that your ferry pic was taken either between Toft and Yell, or Yell and Unst.

Thank you for posting the pics - Shetland is in my blood and means a great deal to me {hence the flag as my avatar}; I hope that you had a great time there - I can't wait to go back (hopefully, next year).

rualexander

Legendary Member
Yes a local pointed us towards the beach at Banna Minn, we were heading for the campsite at the outdoor centre at Bridgend when an old guy pulled over in his car and jumped out and started talking to us and among everything else he rambled on about was the suggestion to camp at the beach.
You can see the rest of the photos from our trip to Shetland here https://flic.kr/s/aHskVyJvDr

Top Bottom