'The problem with cyclists' article in Motorsport Magazine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, I tried, but I'm afraid that I couldn't spot his braincell! :wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
He misses the point in spectacular fashion.
He doesnt for one minute consider that the cyclists may be having just as much fun as the driver, why is the cyclist seen as being a selfish fool?

Sara_H

Guru
Glad you posted this. I saw it not long after it had first been published, there were only a few comments then.

God to see the reaction to the article and that the publishers have obviously realised that it oversteps the mark and have withdrawn it. But still worrying to think there are lots of people out there who genuinely think like this write does.

Thanks for linking to this article. Just the usual sub-Clarkson (is this possible?) twaddle, but useful to know what is going on in the minds of the tiny minority of speedophile drivers. be aware!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Driving and fun are not two words I can associate with, especially these days with traffic !

albion

Guru
Slow old age pensioners driving safely, learner drivers and horses all come under that very same enemy category.

One that says 'I own the road, get out of my way'.

There wasn't hardly any abuse in the original comments BTL, one chap called the author a knobber but nothing else, the responses were angry but calm and measured.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I saw the original article, interesting to see they've swapped the pictures over to less perjoritive ones, the original illustration was an utterly out of context grab from a Volvo cycle/ped sensor advert.

Its either just been done as pure clickbait knowing that it'll get page visits for the stats from people prepared to put up a counter argument or if you're imbecillic enough to hold & publish this sort of view then you're probably just as dim as to not understand the nature of the internet and the fact that it won't just be seen by like minded individuals.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
This artical is based ironically all on the lack of ability of the driver in that one senarieo. I applud the effort but all that screams to me is that this person in this fantasy was driving much faster than the conditions allowed. The writer of the artical even mentioned within the speed limits of the road as if that somehow made driving so fast you can stop in the distance you can see safely without having to push the brake pedal to the floor acceptable.
I guess I must have missed the entire point of their article.

Top Bottom