The Signings and Transfers Thread 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy

Seven-time Finnish RR champion Jussi Veikkanen will ride his last pro race this weekend and then join the backroom staff at FDJ
Farewell Jussi
CQfOctGW8AARHwP.jpg

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And no new World Tour applications, so Qhubeka stay as a Pro-Conti outfit. Once again it makes you wonder whether the World Tour sytem is really working when you have WT level teams who choose to remain at Pro-Conti level, resulting in fewer WT teams than the UCI want.

simo105

There maybe a chance that mtn could still go WT. I think they have until 31 october to change

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There maybe a chance that mtn could still go WT. I think they have until 31 october to change
Not this year, I think. This regulation changed on 1 Jan 2015:
"2.15.067 - On 1st October preceding the registration year, the UCI WorldTeam or the licence applicant must submit to the UCI headquarters..."
Although there is this grey area:
"2.15.069 quater - UCI WorldTeams or licence applicants which would not have submitted the entire essential documents listed in art. 2.15.069bis by 20th October may not be registered and will be excluded from the registration process as a UCI WorldTeam."

Similar dates seem to apply to pro-continental teams. 31 October seems to be the deadline for national federations to list their intended continental teams, with 10 December as the documentation deadline.

Clear as mud?

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Team Giant-Alpecin is pleased to announce the signing of Laurens ten Dam (NED) for 2016. Ten Dam’s addition to the roster for next season will provide support for the team’s up-and-coming GC riders Warren Barguil (FRA) and Tom Dumoulin (NED).

Ten Dam comes over from Team LottoNL-Jumbo, where he raced for eight years. The transfer comes at the right moment in his career, when the 34-year-old was looking for a different approach.

His best results include ninth place in the final Tour de France GC last year, eighth place in the final GC of the Vuelta in 2012, fifth at the Tour Down Under in 2011 and eighth in the Tour de Suisse GC in 2011. He also won the opening stage of the Critérium International in 2008.

Team Giant-Alpecin coach Rudi Kemna said: “We were looking for a rider who is strong in the high mountains to support our GC riders and who also fit in with the profile and philosophy of the team, and in Laurens we have found that rider. Although the team’s execution of its Keep Challenging sports approach commonly leads to identifying and recruiting talented riders at a younger age and then guiding them to their peak performance years, the relatively ‘older’ ten Dam was recruited for a particular task in the overall team, for which Team Giant-Alpecin had identified his specific experience and skills. We know that he has class and we expect him to play a significant and specific role in the team’s race plan on the climbs. Besides his physical ability, we will make use of his tactical knowledge. We will offer Laurens optimum guidance to help him and motivate him to keep aiming for further improvement in certain areas, despite his apparent status as a rider who has ‘arrived,’ so he can continue to get the most out of his career.”

“I broke my back two weeks after the Tour de France, which made me step back and look at a few things differently,” said ten Dam. “I wanted to do a good season in Europe and live in the US. At Team Giant-Alpecin all this came together in a good way, and I will have those opportunities. I am looking forward to working in a challenging new environment and aim to play an important role for Warren Barguil and Tom Dumoulin and share my experience on the highest level.”

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Smart move for ten Dam. I got the feeling he was bashing his head against a wall (if not the tarmac) at Lotto NL-Jumbo. Sounds like he'll get to be a road captain for Barguil and Dumoulin.

Top Bottom