The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm more than slightly ashamed that I had pork belly roast dinner with red wine, followed by a tasting session of world whiskies then a stroke-like nap in the armchair, while these brave souls were pedalling through sleep-deprivation and searing heat.:blush:

I'm more than slightly ashamed that I had pork belly roast dinner with red wine, followed by a tasting session of world whiskies then a stroke-like nap in the armchair, while these brave souls were pedalling through sleep-deprivation and searing heat.:blush:

It's a hard life, Rich - we are lucky that folk like you undertake to endure the punishment which could so easily have been our 'cross to bear'.

Pig.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You should have come to her talk at the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling in June :thumbsup:
It was absolutely fascinating (and highly entertaining!):biggrin:.
As she says, there is unfortunately very little interest in women cyclists (or other adventurers) - there were quite a few spare seats to be had :scratch::headshake:
But those who came along were in for a real treat! Her round the world cycling book is due to be published in November, as far as I know :wahhey:

T

Hoping to get her back again next year for the Edinburgh Festival of Cycling, so long as we can afford to pay her...

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Looking at the track on the Transcontinental Race tracker I now understand why Colin Woof was always late for meetings, his sense of direction is not the greatest... ;-)

Morning Rimas!
Looks like you have shimmied East, and are heading for Craiova. Is that the nearest McDodos you know of? Your countdown Kms show 650, and Richard Dunnett finished in the wee small hours (Istanbul time - thank you Rich).
EP and JJ look to be riding together, but EP is 'zzzz' and JJ is sneaking past...MW, meanwhile, is stretching his legs to build a 140kms advantage over the two.
EJ and Rimas are still vaguely 'parallel' on their way to Istanbul - Ed is showing 700+ kms to go.
Now. Do you reckon one is for the boat and t'other for the plane? That would be 'taking the Mikko'. :smile:
MM AH.JPG

Come on Colin - take no notice of HJ, he's only envious (aren't we all?!)
Go Rimas!

Edit:
0d3d12a5163ee420b496d61d7288c3c5_normal.jpeg
The Transcontinental@transconrace
6h
Richard Dunnett @Onebigpedal arrives in 8d 15h 50m 1:50am local time. Met by @AllegaertK pic.twitter.com/aPIlQZj1Ak

View photo
:bravo: (Notice the 'met by KA with a cold beer' bit) :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Have MM and AH actually met yet? They may bump into each other on the ferry and say,"Been riding far much, mate?"
Rimas has just dropped his Shredded Wheat but there's no point Craiova spilt milk.
Ataboy Rimas!

<mutter, mutter> Agh! Took my breath away that one did, Rich ha ha! <gasp>. Very good.
Here's where everyone will end up:
rumelihisar-jf4431.jpg

Rumeli-Hisari. Built in 4 months apparently.
The mighty Fortress of Europe was built in just four months during 1452 on orders of Mehmet the Conqueror. Commanding the narrowest part of theBosphorus (about 700 meters), it cut off ByzantineConstantinople from its grain supplies from the Black Sea coast, making it easier for the sultan to conquer the city in 1453.
I suppose the Eastern European workforce went back home after the contract had finished - home was only a short bike ride away.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Looks like JJ didn't sleep so maybe Ed will overtake him again as he tires.
Anyone got an each way bet on him? No, that's not a reference to Kristoff cycling back:thumbsup:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
<mutter, mutter> Agh! Took my breath away that one did, Rich ha ha! <gasp>. Very good.
Here's where everyone will end up:
rumelihisar-jf4431.jpg

Rumeli-Hisari. Built in 4 months apparently.

I suppose the Eastern European workforce went back home after the contract had finished - home was only a short bike ride away.
Zero hours contracts but don't tell the numpties in CA&D for gawds sake, Teef!

Keep it coming, Chris. Rimas will be able to reflect (if he's desperate for reading matter :rolleyes:) on the visuals v time and feeling as his bimble goes forward. Rimas will remember Grim...it will spring to mind after he reads the Rich p breakfast gag, and before seeing your post! :smile: :thumbsup:

Go shopping Rimas!

Top Bottom