The Wild West Pie Day 11th of June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
No, it stops at Reading, then Bristol Temple Meads. Could go there and ride to Bath, I suppose. An extra 13 miles is hardly gonna finish me off for the day.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No, it stops at Reading, then Bristol Temple Meads. Could go there and ride to Bath, I suppose. An extra 13 miles is hardly gonna finish me off for the day.
Or join part way to Bath, I expect not all will do the route starting from Bath.

I picked up the leaflet on the path yesterday, and I can photograph it once we decide on some possible meeting spots... There is also a station at Keynsham halfway between the two that could be a way to get nearer bath unless the local trains aren't running too?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I went through the tunnel today

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I’ll join the posse at Warmley for some cake and use the famous Tardis loo (it’s smaller on the inside!). If anyone has not cycled the Railway Path before, we could stop briefly to have a look at the shell of the former Mangotsfield Station and it’s connection to Dads Army. The onward through the Staple Hill tunnel (you might get dripped on), check out the view across the valley at Greenbank, then into the city centre maybe via Castle Park. If there are any Only Fools & Horses fans, I know a few of the filming locations and where Nelson Mandela house is. We could pootle about the city centre, maybe go up Cabot Tower on Brandon Hill for some great city views, ride across the Clifton Suspension Bridge?.
I’m looking forward to a ride out on the 11th and meeting some folks from this forum actually in the flesh^_^.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'll try to make it - will aim to cycle from home and meet up at Warmley (or wherever @summerdays and the other locals pick). That'll make around a 40 mile day, so I may not be taking on too much in the way of pies partway through!
Depending on how tired I am I might join you on route...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For anyone thinking of arriving in Bristol by car the M32 will have major works that weekend and sections will be closed:
image.png

And when the motorway is closed and they send them off on diversions Bristol can grid to a halt ... (except those on bikes of course:okay:)

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I should add that I have a spare space on my driveway for anyone arriving for the day by car with a bike, so no need to drive into the centre. I have space for one car and anyone wishing to attend can park on my drive and we could ride out together to Warmley. This has the added attraction of riding through the Staple Hill Tunnel twice !. I live about a few minutes ride from the path. If anyone is interested, PM me. I have space only for one car though, so first come....:blush:.

Also worth adding that Bitton station has a car park but I am not sure about their max parking times etc.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Work is conspiring to send me to Florida on this weekend.

Shame, as I would have loved to meet up with some of the local (and not so local) CC'ers.

I will keep an eye on the thread and join in somewhere should my schedule change.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My shortest route goes down through Iron Acton - could meet up somewhere like Rangeworthy? Best confer nearer the time when we see what the weather is going to be like!
I have been given the green light for this - but need to be back in Winterbourne for 4pm - as I am in Winterbourne I could meet you on the way & we can intercept the main crew at Mangotsfield station ?

Top Bottom