The Wild West Pie Day 11th of June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I have been given the green light for this - but need to be back in Winterbourne for 4pm - as I am in Winterbourne I could meet you on the way & we can intercept the main crew at Mangotsfield station ?
Up for that - need to check timing etc nearer the day.
This is the route google recommends for cycling - so not quite through Winterbourne, but does avoid the busier roads. It goes to Warmley as that was one of the places @summerdays (I think) suggested meeting up. No probs with changing it, though. Might also depend if @summerdays is going to meet us on route. I'm not terribly fast - don't count on much more than 10 mph average - but then I don't think it's going to be a fast kind of day! I've ridden the BB railway cycle path, and the link into the middle of Bristol, but I can't claim to know it well at all.
upload_2016-5-23_12-9-19.png

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I know the bit from the ring road into the centre and most of the junctions in between really well, the stuff further out towards Bath I've done but wouldn't know as well.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Ok Wild Westeners.

I should be coming up from the Taunton area on Friday 10th so i am looking for a nice area to B&B along side the cycle route so i dont have to cycle the whole distance twice in one day on the 11th.

Any ideas or recommendations where i should look?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Do you know what route we will take from the end of the cycle path to St Nick's market? Or stopping on route? Thinking about where anyone wanting to join in town could find the group.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Do you know what route we will take from the end of the cycle path to St Nick's market? Or stopping on route? Thinking about where anyone wanting to join in town could find the group.

Very easy.

From end of path, go straight on through industrial estate to end of road.
Turn right then second left into Unity Street.
Straight on, past Gardner Haskins on left, enter cycle tunnel outside McColl newsagent.
Emerge from tunnel, bear right, up slope, then left along cobble street to end, go right up the short slope and you will see Castle Park. Through the park to St Nicks.

I commute this one all the time, so maybe I could ride in front?. BTW, anyone got an idea where/time the initial meeting should be?. I can make it to Warmley Station café on the path on 11/6 for about 11am ?. Suggest meeting up at the Tardis loo?. I'll be on the 'thunderbird 2 green' specialized MTB.

Looking forward to meeting people:smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Very easy.

From end of path, go straight on through industrial estate to end of road.
Turn right then second left into Unity Street.
Straight on, past Gardner Haskins on left, enter cycle tunnel outside McColl newsagent.
Emerge from tunnel, bear right, up slope, then left along cobble street to end, go right up the short slope and you will see Castle Park. Through the park to St Nicks.

I commute this one all the time, so maybe I could ride in front?. BTW, anyone got an idea where/time the initial meeting should be?. I can make it to Warmley Station café on the path on 11/6 for about 11am ?. Suggest meeting up at the Tardis loo?. I'll be on the 'thunderbird 2 green' specialized MTB.

Looking forward to meeting people:smile:
I know it's easy, but I take different routes so I thought it was best to ask. (I turn left down by Hannah More school for example or carry along by the river sometimes).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 4310888, member: 45"]So, shall we consolidate where we are? It would be good to know who it meeting and where.

I'm planning to motorcycle to Temple Meads station, grab a Brompton from the dock, catch the train to Bath, then meet at Bath station at 10:30.

Can I suggest that I start a list below? If the next person copies it into their response and adds their name we should have a running list of who is going to be where and when. We can always delete our previous posts if it starts to get messy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/QUOTE]
Wild West Pie Day 11th June 2016

Bath station & 10:30am
User

Warmley Waiting Room @--:--am
Spinney
Summerdays
Arjimlad (we are intending to arrive from the North of the city though yet to firm up the details, if running late then at Mangotsfield)

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
summerdays just beat me to it!
If Mr Paul can't start from Bath until 10.30, is 11 am too early at Warmley? (I have no idea!). But if it's a nice day we won't mind waiting!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

User

Spinney
Summerdays
Arjimlad (we are intending to arrive from the North of the city though yet to firm up the details, if running late then at Mangotsfield)

Bristol
Hill Wimp with CoffeeJo. Fingers and toes crossed and trying everything we will make it and will meet you at St Nicks market. If Jo makes it she will have the very gorgeous Snipe with her, if she does not then i will get up to Bristol and try to park and cycle down to Bath or Warmsley.

captain nemo1701

User

Spinney
Summerdays
Captain Nemo1701

theclaud

Openly Marxist
summerdays just beat me to it!
If Mr Paul can't start from Bath until 10.30, is 11 am too early at Warmley? (I have no idea!). But if it's a nice day we won't mind waiting!
I don't know Bath well, or Warmley at all, but Google maps has it at about 9 miles. Unless the idea is some kind of chain gang, I'd say it's a fair bit too early. I will await firming up of the schedule, and if t works out trainwise I will try to get to the start. Failing that I will show up in Brizzle.

captain nemo1701

I'll meet folk at Warmley Station cafe at from 11am onwards on my trusty steed:

Attachments

• Photo0113.jpg
    Photo0113.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom