The Wild West Pie Day 11th of June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 4315857, member: 76"]Still good to go then. I will probably park at Bitton Station if @User can't come along, otherwise I am still happy to come along from Bath. @theclaud was considering joining us in Bath too, I don't know where she is with it all at present? So I am happy either way.

Looking forward to a pie and pint with you fine folk.[/QUOTE]
I've not given up on the idea yet - I am trying to get around the twin obstacles of extortionate train pricing and mandatory bike reservations. If I do make it I'll be on a train that gets to Bath Spa at 10:34, so might need to chase you down. Perhaps we could exchange mobile numbers by PM?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Yes have a fab day. I have cycled the grand distance of 3.8 miles to the beach and am raising my coffee mug to you.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm not going to make it, and have texted User76 to that effect so that he's not hanging around in Bath. Hope the rain eases off and you have a great day. I have a nerdily complex ticket plan if there's a repeat performance...

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
No pie here in Paris. Did however have a full Anglo-French brunch of which Vern would have approved I'm sure. And apple crumble! C'etait formidable!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
That reminds me. Here's a Wild West pie shop.

IMG_20160519_143542037 (1).jpg
IMG_20160519_143548678 (1).jpg

Seattle, Washington State. I didn't sample their wares; instead I had a very pleasant pizza.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Good to see a few of you made it out. Would be great if another west country meetup could happen later on in the year.

I'm about to go to a shop and rent a bike for a pootle around the North Central Florida countryside. Hoping to avoid alligators and thunderstorms.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Who was who in the photo?

edit - dimwit i have read it properly now

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Extremely soggy ride home if you stupidly left your waterproof sitting on the floor NEXT TO your pannier! Everything soaking! And the weird thing was at the end crossing the A38, the west side of it was completely dry on the road compared to the continuous puddles on the east side of it!

Wet clothes are in a pile, I'm too tired to do anything with them! When I was almost home I realised I'd almost done 50 miles, so despite being completely soaked I added a loop just to make the 50 - my first ever! I did contemplate going in changing clothes but I knew I wouldn't get back on the bike!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Extremely soggy ride home if you stupidly left your waterproof sitting on the floor NEXT TO your pannier! Everything soaking! And the weird thing was at the end crossing the A38, the west side of it was completely dry on the road compared to the continuous puddles on the east side of it!

Wet clothes are in a pile, I'm too tired to do anything with them! When I was almost home I realised I'd almost done 50 miles, so despite being completely soaked I added a loop just to make the 50 - my first ever! I did contemplate going in changing clothes but I knew I wouldn't get back on the bike!

Excellent effort in good conditions, let alone adverse ones.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Excellent effort in good conditions, let alone adverse ones.
It was warm and wet though rather than horrible.... Just slightly off putting hearing your feet squelch! It was lovely to meet everyone who came, and we were discussing potentially a ride through the two tunnels in Bath sometime which several of us haven't done, well Spinney and myself anyway!

Top Bottom