The Wild West Pie Day 11th of June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 4317783, member: 76"]Warmley Station cake stop (although technically the start)!

L to R, Maggot, Arjimlad, Summerdays, Captain Nemo, Spinney[/QUOTE]
You say technically the start but I'd done 16 miles by the time I arrived there.... The awkward bit was trying to decide who to chat to at the Warmley Waiting Room, we were standing near two men sitting have a drink and they overheard us luckily discussing how we would identify them.... ^_^

It was far easier picking up @Arjimlad ... He was just waiting by the side of the road!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
:bravo:
:cheers:
:wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

(Mine was just over 43, there was no way I was doing another 7 miles even though the sun came out about five minutes after my soggy clothes went in the washing machine!)
My clothes are still in a pile and I haven't left the sofa since I sat down! I suppose I sought to make tea shortly (I may have nibbled on several of those brownies I took along so I'm not exactly starving:mrpig::mrpig:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It was warm and wet though rather than horrible.... Just slightly off putting hearing your feet squelch! It was lovely to meet everyone who came, and we were discussing potentially a ride through the two tunnels in Bath sometime which several of us haven't done, well Spinney and myself anyway!

Wet is just about bearable if it's not cold and windy as well.

A forum ride through the tunnels would be good.

Too far to travel for me, but it would offer something to those who find most of the forum rides too taxing.

TVC

Photos people, photos.

Names would help too

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
IMG_20160611_130752059_HDR.jpg

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The gang...
Maggot, Arjimlad, Summerdays, Capt Nemo
2016-06-11 11.40.30.jpg

First tea and cake of the day
2016-06-11 11.40.41.jpg

Pie for lunch (sadly, I don't think Vernon would have approved, pastry was soggy, filling OK but a bit squidgy. But the chips were good.
2016-06-11 13.19.12.jpg

More tea and cake (:mrpig:) by the harbour. Just as we were unlocking our bikes to set off home the heavens opened... so good timing in someways!
2016-06-11 14.47.56.jpg

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
After our discussion of people digging holes and cycle paths, what should appear on my cycle in this morning but a ???? Soils van and a half blocked path complete with a naff cycle dismount sign! (By the MOD where there is a bridge crossing the railway line). Don't know why we were being suggested to dismount, I just paused and let the other cyclist go through the gap first.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Well, I'm now working on q quote for some new cycle bridges over the A4174 in S Glos. If we win the work, the access is via the existing cyclepaths so I'm afraid there may be more disruption coming...sorry!:blush:

Top Bottom