The worst place to leave your bike in England and Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Curiosit had me looking for Peterborough. Its quite depressing that Peterborough's worst street (number 22) is a busy pedestrian street (except for access) https://goo.gl/maps/tix7h74t7s52 but thinking about it I've never seen a bike parked there. Its got those plant pot type bike racks
bike-stand.jpg

Lonestar

Veteran
Don't think I've ever reported my bike stolen even though it happened in 1988 and 1990.@ Tottenham and Waterloo.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
What a badly-written article.
Looks like a list of the biggest bike parks in a few places. Of course, if there's a few thousand bikes parked there (Station Road, Cambridge), a few dozen thefts isn't as bad a chance as somewhere with a dozen thefts from a much smaller cycle park.

All thieves should be keel hauled, though.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
5- Parkside, Cambridge.
Where the big police station is :wacko:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
5- Parkside, Cambridge.
Where the big police station is :wacko:
It's probably more that Parkside swimming pool and the cricket ground are there too: two locations where thieves can expect a reasonable chance of working unmolested until the end of a session. I know other sports venues with surprisingly high bike thefts and one gym that put the treadmills and spin bikes overlooking the cycle parking to discourage theft.

G3CWI

Veteran
The worst place to leave your bike is in the garage or shed, unloved and unused. Sadly, I suspect it's where most bikes are.

Reactions: mjr

byegad

Legendary Member
I expected the answer would be Scotland as if you're in either England or Wales it would be damn difficult to ride if it was in Scotland.

I'll get my coat now!

Top Bottom