Things we used to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
You don't see kids do this anymore, but we always seemed to have a supply of house bricks and a plank of wood to construct a make shift jump for our BMXs.*

I once did a "six bricker".

*Raliegh grifters not allowed - one of those landing a jump could cause a Tsunami.
I seem to recall ending up lying in a neighbours rose border due to doing this. Prickly!

The dip switch in the old cars used to be a button on the floor and was operated by your foot. Sometimes they would malfunction and switch all your lights off which could be fun especially if you were going into a bend.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Vacuum operated windscreen wipers; the faster you went, the slower they wiped. Which eejit thought that was a good design feature?:rolleyes:

Can anyone remember removing their nylon shirts in the dark and seeing all of those lovely little blue flashes.

Tim Hall

Do you only play one side now then?
Shiny side up.

A couple of years ago I went to a TRB gig, to celebrate the nth anniversary of Power in The Darkness. For the first time ever, they played the entire album, live, in track order. My brain did the "ooh I know what's next" trick as the last notes of the preceeding track were played, by dredging up long forgotten memories. Except when it came to The Winter of 79, which was track 1 side 2, so I wouldn't have heard a track before it, IYSWIM.

Top Bottom