Things you like about Christmas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's the firing required for AGA. Cleaning it all out on the 24th, after the turkey has been cleaned out, stuffed(homemade of course). Spuds peeled, carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts all prepared. Everything in a pan, just the water to add. Everything ready the night before.

Special homemade slow burning mixture put in the the range, with more to add in the early hours, to bring the heat right up. Once it starts burning. Sufficient supply of wood and turf for the day in the house. Might cheat and use a bit of coal, just to keep the fire there.

The bike ride afterwards for a bit of fun.

classic33

Leg End Member
January the second and its all over for another year and I can look forward to the coming spring and summer.
Little Christmas!

postman

Legendary Member
upload_2016-12-1_21-29-4.jpeg
I love family time,Boxing Day one of these is consumed,with left over Turkey sarnies.As i eat my piece i will think of others,whose Christmas will be a little sadder.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I guess I've reached a certain age where Christmas reminds me of loved ones no longer here to celebrate with, but maybe it also gives a certain hope for the future, who knows?

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I guess I've reached a certain age where Christmas reminds me of loved ones no longer here to celebrate with, but maybe it also gives me a certain hope for the future, who knows?
Always look forward.

potsy

Rambler
I like being able to eat as much as I want for the duration, oh wait, that's the rest of the year, at Christmas I'll be working :whistle:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sprouts. I love them.

Top Bottom