Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Stop wallowing in your own grief for a baby you never even met, it's been a year and you're still broadcasting your self pity, I'm not even sure it's anything more than habit now. Concentrate on the baby who made it, she needs her mum.

Do you thing stamping around on your heels in your flat upstairs is making any sort of a point?
This time next month we'll have moved out, and you'll still be wasting your life trying to prove something to people who aren't listening.
Move on. Find something to make you happy.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
@Melonfish I did not say that raising awareness for cancer was useless. What I said was that the campaign was useless. I was aware of the all the selfies but until today I thought it was some kind of pointless fad. I had no idea until I read the above post that the profusion of makeup less selfies was to raise awareness for cancer. So therefore as a socile media campaign it may well have missed its mark, it certainly passed me by, no one in my network mentioned it was a campaign, there's no point in it being viral if the message is not getting through.

It made £2M for Cancer Research in 24 hours, and they didn't even initiate it. So whatever you think of it (and I find it problematic) it can hardly be said to be an ineffective social media campaign...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It made £2M for Cancer Research in 24 hours, and they didn't even initiate it. So whatever you think of it (and I find it problematic) it can hardly be said to be an ineffective social media campaign...
This is true, but it passed me by. It might have made another tenner or so, if my no make up selfie friends had told me what it was all about. Just saying like.

slowwww

Veteran
We've been sitting in a pub for 90 minutes with you over-talking everyone else, slagging people off, using vile language at a decibel level that makes a 747 at take off sound like a mouse fart, drinking far too much relative to everyone else, and then you say that networking events are a waste of time as you never make any good contacts there.

Now I can't for a moment imagine why.............................!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Inadvertently raised a few bob for WWF too. BEAT getting changed to BEAR by autocorrect on folks phones it seems.

Dmcd33

People who think they are "decent people" because they follow some imaginary rule book that they think is given to people at birth. WE ARE ALL MAKING IT UP AS WE GO ALONG! wake up and stop kidding yourself into thinking you have the moral high ground over everyone and everything!

Lanzecki

Über Member
Your clutch thrust bearing has collapsed. This is why it's hard to get into gear. This is why your car creeps when in gear even with the clutch pedal down. This is why it'll go in to gear easily when the engine is not running, and the car jumps if you try and start it in gear.

How many more ways do I need to prove it to you? No, I'm not a car mechanic, but I've changed clutches before, and have rebuilt a kit car, including the clutch. No disrespect, but your skills are not mechanical. When I need accounts advise I listen to you. You moan about you car, and then tell me I'm wrong...

Then, why ******* ask me? Is it just the quote you got from the main dealer for replacement? I admire your ability to keep the costs down, but sometimes you've gotta payout..

Ohh, buy the way, if you buy cheep, you get cheep. This is why I drive named brand cars. Dacia? Sheesh. Like Kia was 10 years ago, but without the quality control.

rvw

Guru
Why, oh why, have you bothered applying for a job quoting entirely the wrong job title? If we wanted a ward administrator or a data entry clerk, we would have said so. But no, we advertised for a charity administrator. Which means we'd like to recruit a charity administrator.

So please don't bang on about how good you are with patient-specific software which is irrelevant for the job.

Oh, and if you really want to work for a charity, I suggest that it would be a good idea to include the word "charity" somewhere in your supporting information. We don't need actual charity experience as such - but we do want to see that you have actually read the job description and not just copied some previous application for an unrelated admin job.

(I have no chance to say this: all the applications are via an online system. Which means I have to review tons of rubbish applications, and score each one against every single criterion from the job description, regardless of whether they are remotely suitable for the job - just so that I can get the system to let me invite the ones I know I want for interview.

And... breathe....)
Latest bit of bureacratic madness: once I had scored everyone and selected the interview candidates, the bl00dy system then forced me to re-review any candidates with disabilities and add a note about why they are not being called for interview.

The scoring and shortlisting was all blind - the system excludes names, ages*, gender* and information on disabilities until after you have reviewed everyone - so why, if the applications didn't measure up, would I need to revisit just because I now know they have a disability?? We didn't call them for interview because they were not good enough - they are still not good enough. If you're going to be all PC about it, why don't I also need to add notes for all the BME candidates? Is there a transgender candidate that I didn't pick? I don't think there's even anywhere to specify that in the full information, but you never know, I may unwittingly have discriminated against them by excluding them for NOT BEING GOOD ENOUGH.

(*though it's fairly easy to guess from qualification dates and - sometimes - school names, and some people do include names in their supporting info)

Top Bottom