Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Ah you want a program installing for the entire department. by tomorrow you say?
well now looky here our agree'd business SLA's for this kind of thing are quite clear 10-15 working days for a non standard software install.
i realise it's urgent now but when did you know the system was going live?
3 weeks ago? well why on earth didn't you log it then?
ah you just assumed we'd upgrade you without a ticket? er question, a 3rd party company updates their app and informs you, you fail to inform us (until hilariously the day before it goes live) exactly how psychic do you think we are?
ok, i understand how urgent this is, i've already mailed the manager of the installing team to get this done as soon as humanly possible because clearly a complete lack of planning on your part constitutes an emergency on mine doesn't it.
when do i think he'll respond to the e-mail?
... wait, what?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
In fact, its probably best to avoid all enthusiasts in any subject of any kind.

In my experience, most people are ok, its just the minority who suck the fun out of things for everyone else that are the problem.

This guy really is something else though, he clearly thinks he's some sort of world expert on everything, and I mean, everything, not just railways. It is painfully obvious to everyone else however, that he knows **** all, often with hilarious consequences.

The problem is, he never, ever, seems to take the hint, I mean he has been told so many times, heck, at one point, he even caused another Electric Unit preservation group to be set up with the express instructions that he wasn't allowed in. That's how bad he is!!

Anyway, I have no contact with him now, but he's like a bad penny, I have no doubt he'll crop up somewhere else in the future, oh joy!!

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
Trust me. We ain't fixing this.

not until we keep bean counters out of the loop until the remedial works are complete.
in the good old days the project manager would have looked and gone oops lets get it sorted and got the original installer back. then started the investigation . but now its do the investigate 1st . I hate PFI projects

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
not until we keep bean counters out of the loop until the remedial works are complete.
in the good old days the project manager would have looked and gone oops lets get it sorted and got the original installer back. then started the investigation . but now its do the investigate 1st . I hate PFI projects
Off topic - you ever worked on any Morgan Sindall sites?

sazzaa

I don't judge people on what they look like, what they have, or don't have, or anything else.
I have taken several years to get to know you and have supported you when others in the family haven't.
You really are the most obnoxious, gold digging, little b*tch I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.
You can add me to the long list of family that ignore you.
I never understand why people feel the need to have family members as friends, if you clash, you clash, no point carrying on the drama.

subaqua

What’s the point
Off topic - you ever worked on any Morgan Sindall sites?

their fit out arm Overbury . twice. as the 2nd time was just to be sure they were not as bad as they had been on the 1st Job. I was wrong . they were.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was just reading about Calderdale Royal hospital in Halifax which was built with PFI funding just a few years ago. It was where I was rushed to when I collapsed with my DVT/PE. The capital cost was about £65 million, but we will be paying around £750 million for it over 30-odd years!

And now the NHS powers-that-be are talking about closing its A&E department and doing away with a big percentage of its beds. People from as far off as Cornholme on the A646 will have to be taken to Huddersfield A&E which is about 20 miles away including some congested, narrow roads, and will have to go over a big hill which might be affected by bad weather in the winter.

Absolutely bloody brilliant! :cursing:

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was just reading about Calderdale Royal hospital in Halifax which was built with PFI funding just a few years ago. It was where I was rushed to when I collapsed with my DVT/PE. The capital cost was about £65 million, but we will be paying around £750 million for it over 30-odd years!

And now the NHS powers-that-be are talking about closing its A&E department and doing away with a big percentage of its beds. People from as far off as Cornholme on the A646 will have to be taken to Huddersfield A&E which is about 20 miles away on congested, narrow roads, and will have to go over a big hill which might be affected by bad weather in the winter.

Same here - My local hospital, The Vale Of Leven* covers quite a large area geographically, including parts of the Southern Highlands and Islands. Its in a crucial position for anything happening on Loch Lomond, the A82 or the Naval Bases.

So..... What have the NHS tossers gone and done??

They have been trying to close it for years (I say 'try' because anyone with half a brain cell can see how useful the place is) and transfer everything over to Paisley.... Several miles away..... On the other side of the Clyde..... With only one bridge crossing except for a tunnel that takes a circuitous detour....... And they also expect the elderly, infirm and vulnerable to make their own way to this hospital (which is so badly located that public transport links outwith Paisley are crap) from our area on a bus that runs about 2 times a day, and that's only because it is timed for visiting hours (also it will only pick up at about 3 very particular places) so if you miss the bus and/or have an appointment at any other time, then tough!! It really is quite pathetic.

The 'Vale' Hospital is now a shell of its former self, they have got rid of almost everything except for the basics, so it is now really just a glorified health centre. And yes, the Vale isn't exactly the best located hospital either, but it still beats having to traipse all the way over to ****ing Paisley!!

Really, its nothing short of miraculous that nobody has died yet as a result of not getting to Paisley in time, but it will happen, and if its some big accident or high profile event, then the merde really WILL hit the fan, trust me!! :rolleyes:

Life seems to be cheap.

* - Yes, the one that had some sort of C-Diff outbreak a while back (I bet the NHS planners really WERE creaming their pants at the prospect of closing the place for good as a result... :rolleyes:).

Last edited:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

And now the NHS powers-that-be are talking about closing its A&E department and doing away with a big percentage of its beds. People from as far off as Cornholme on the A646 will have to be taken to Huddersfield A&E which is about 20 miles away on congested, narrow roads, and will have to go over a big hill which might be affected by bad weather in the winter.

Get out there and fight tooth and nail for it before its too late, trust me.

alicat

Legendary Member
Oh you poor diddums. You berate me for not buying a ticket at the station ticket office because the change you will have to give me from the £10 tendered is going to wreak havoc with your float. And oh you haven't got a working card machine. And I'm rude for pointing out that your float can't have been adequate if it has run out by 11am. And all that jobsworth behaviour when the change in question is the float-busting amount of ... £2.20.

Next time I'll go by car and save myself the telling off and most of my £7.80 and you will wonder why your job doesn't exist any more.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Even though the situation wasn't my fault, I tried to repair the damage. You have ignored me, so I guess that's it.
I cared for you as a baby and loved spending time with you and watching while you grew into a fine young man with a great career.
I'm sorry you don't want to speak to me. I still love you and always will.

I don't judge people on what they look like, what they have, or don't have, or anything else.
I have taken several years to get to know you and have supported you when others in the family haven't.
You really are the most obnoxious, gold digging, little b*tch I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.
You can add me to the long list of family that ignore you.
Running out of family soon @ScotiaLass ? :ohmy:

For what it's worth, I fully support you in your intentions :thumbsup:, as it's not worth all your love, care and pain for numpties who neither deserve it nor care about it. :angry:

Good spring cleaning ! ^_^

Top Bottom