Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Butter doesn't have five letters and begins with B not F.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Congrats to all the meteorologists out there who've managed to get the forecast wrong again for this morning.
Strictly speaking, they did NOT get it wrong ... What they actually do is to work out the probability of the various possible weather events. It might be that there is a 95% probability of a fine, sunny day, and 5% that a thunderstorm might blow in. They would forecast sunshine but you could be unlucky and get the storm instead. These days they would probably mention that the storm was a possibility. The Met Office online forecast does give you the probability figures so you can see how solid the forecast is.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Strictly speaking, they did NOT get it wrong ... What they actually do is to work out the probability of the various possible weather events. It might be that there is a 95% probability of a fine, sunny day, and 5% that a thunderstorm might blow in. They would forecast sunshine but you could be unlucky and get the storm instead. These days they would probably mention that the storm was a possibility. The Met Office online forecast does give you the probability figures so you can see how solid the forecast is.

It did eventually stop raining (two and a half hours later than forecast :smile:) so I got out on the bike so all is now good in the world! :okay:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
If only I knew where the lovely people that treated us to a great firework display at 03:00 this morning lived, I'd have popped round to personally thank them for their kindness. Not to worry maybe next time.
In Basingstoke?

You're lucky. Our first one was about 11pm, then there were more every so often until about 12:30, and the last one was just before 4am. People seem to have lost their clocks this year.

classic33

Leg End Member
In Basingstoke?

You're lucky. Our first one was about 11pm, then there were more every so often until about 12:30, and the last one was just before 4am. People seem to have lost their clocks this year.
Started just before 9pm, finishing after 5am. But the police turning up to stop the street fight just after 1am, with the instruction given stay inside, unless you wanted to be considered part of it, meant that fireworks weren't just ariel.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
When you said you were 'surprised' that I decided to hand my notice in a week after you spent half of my Saturday shift berating me it was the final straw.

I will hunt you down like the dog you are and get my revenge. Your grandchildrens grandchildren won't be safe from my vengeance.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you on the trails the other day but didn't realise until I'd been polite and friendly. I take that back.

GOAB

classic33

Leg End Member
When you said you were 'surprised' that I decided to hand my notice in a week after you spent half of my Saturday shift berating me it was the final straw.

I will hunt you down like the dog you are and get my revenge.
Your grandchildrens grandchildren won't be safe from my vengeance.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you on the trails the other day but didn't realise until I'd been polite and friendly. I take that back.

GOAB
Name required to find him.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
The difference between a 'Garden Village' and a big housing estate? Ten grand a house, Anne [off East Midlands Today].

Don't get me wrong, we need the houses, and the area in question has been earmarked for years, as far as I know, but Garden Village status for a path of land that borders the edge of the city doesn't sound like there are going to be many affordable homes...

Lullabelle

Banana
F**K me..... really??????? How long have you been working here your loss but still... don't give me that 'oh I didn't know' of course you know-you have been told time and time again :cursing:

Top Bottom