Things you're always being asked about cycling/your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xiorell

Über Member
What things do you get asked all the time, about cycling/your bike? Comments that keep popping up? Be it family, friends or colleagues

The newest thing I keep hearing, are about the saddle on my new bike. "doesn't that hurt your ass/break your balls" kinda stuff

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
'is that a camera?'

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
I get asked how long have you had that, have you lost your licence and how do you cope without a van? The answers are since 1999, no I've never had one and I'm going to learn to drive next year. I think I usualely cycle depending on where I'm working about 10-14 miles a day .

Strick

Most people in my life, just have encouragement as they know the reasons I am doing it.
Work colleagues are generally the ones who are astounded.
  • But you live MILES away - Yup, 7 and a half, you live closer but choose to drive.
  • How long does that take - About 5 minutes longer than if I drove.
  • I wish I could do it - You can, you live less than 2 miles away, buy a bike.
  • I didn't think there were cycleroutes from yours - there aren't - You don't come down that dangerous road do you (refering to the A15) - No such thing as a dangerous road, only dangerous road users.
  • What happens when it rains - I get wet.
And my personal favourite to date......

• How far is it to cycle in from yours? - 7 and a half miles - Oh.... how far is it by car? - Erm....... 7 and a half miles.... :wacko:

Fran143

Über Member
"Are you mad.....why would you cycle that distance when you have a car".......Eh, because I want to and I can!!!!

Hip Priest

Veteran
The usual one is: "Four and a half miles each way? I couldn't do that and do a full day's work." I work with very unfit people. To give an example: We work on the second floor of a building, and there is a group of my colleagues who go outside for a smoke three or four times a day, in all weathers. The only thing that stops them is when the lift is undergoing maintenance.

I've seen them sit for hours going "Is the lift working again yet? I'm dying for a tab."

Top Bottom