Thorn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Beatiful bike. They look good in black, don't they.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
You are a genius Sir! You have found the holy grail of Thorn bike photography.

Everybody knew there must be some angle from which a photo of a Thorn would look good, and you've found it. You've managed to hide the stack of headset spacers behind the handlebars!

col

Legendary Member
I quite like them,they have a solid look about them,iv always fancied one too,but out of my reach at the moment.

My Nomad is absolutely boring!

A very predictable and reassuring ride.

No quirks, no misbehaviour, no idiosyncrasies even descending when loaded with full touring kit.

But then again that is exactly what I wanted, and why I am so delighted with it

OP
OP
J

john28july

Dayvo said:
I thought it was dark green! The mudguards are black! ;)
Absolutely correct! Its BRG.
John.

OP
OP
J

john28july

simon_adams_uk said:
I remember the thread(s) from days past regarding Thorn and the length of their steerers... I'm struggling to see how this can be regarded as a 'short spacers stack' - it's nearly the same length as the neadtube!

http://www.pbase.com/john28july/image/98260987

S

Rubbish! Its half the length exactly so there!!!
Anyhow, spacers are not for everyone-one needs to have a special sized body.Think about you perfect size 10?
John.

Madcyclist

I'm puzzled, why use such a large saddle bag, does it obstruct the legs when sitting back in the saddle ? Surely spreading the weight in paniers would be more stable and less obtrusive.

wafflycat

Rhythm Thief said:
I honestly don't like Thorn bikes. I really do think they're ugly. It's nothing personal against those of you who ride them, they're just not my thing.

+1

I just don't like the look of them at all. But life would be boring if we were all the same :tongue:

Top Bottom