Thoughts on fizik saddle and carbon seatpost recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, A friend of mine swears by his fizik gobi xm saddle on his road bike. Has anyone on here used one and can give me a quick review. I am looking for a new saddle for my second bike after trashing mine in a spill.

Also looking to swap out my alloy seatpost on my best bike, so any recommendations appreciated. I don't want to spend too much, and would consider used as well.

for comfort the spesh golr seatpost is worth having, spendy though

Boon 51

Veteran
Funny thing ... I had a saddle fit at one bike shop and he said I needed a 130 size so I got a Fizik Arizone and what a great saddle.
Went the Trek shop in Malaga and when measured I was a yellow size which in there sizes is a 135/138.. so I got a yellow size Carbon Paradigm and we will see? But the Trek shop said if I was unhappy with the fit they would change it for another size.
So my vote is an Arizone but it depends on your bum size.. :whistle:

Hyslop

Veteran
I have had an Arione for acouple of years and loved it,very comfortable.however when I transferred it to the new Giant,it was the only problem with the bike that I couldn't solve.So, I bought an Aliante VSX-awful-the channel seemed too deep and too far back for me.Looked superb but it was of no use to me,, so the LBS kindly took it back and swapped it for an older model[without the channel].The result is a very comfortable ride.If you can,you must try the Test saddles many LBS offer,gives you the best chance of finding a fit.Best of luck.

Can recommend the Deda superzero seatpost;got mine second-hand too and it's been fine,although to be fair I don't think it had actually been used.

Top Bottom