Thoughts on Lance Armstrong. ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you look at Armstrong's pre-cancer Tour results you'll get a better sense of his ability - although still not truly accurate as he doped before his cancer.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The entire world would be improved if the media in all its guises ignored Lance Armstrong? What an easy fix - Ebola, ISIS, child poverty, malaria, hunger, climate change, Third World debt, (First World debt for that matter) and the resurgence of the Cold War all sorted...
The Cold War has started up again? I wondered what was jump-starting the economy. Besides the quantitative easing. Let's have Lance Armstrong race a Russian somewhere.

snorri

Legendary Member
.I think people need to get some perspective, he cheated at bicycle racing, ....
Yes, but this wasn't the annual village bike race where the winner is presented with an iced cake by the local baker.
I rather think you are one of those needing to "get some perspective".:smile:

hoopdriver

Guru
The Cold War has started up again? I wondered what was jump-starting the economy. Besides the quantitative easing. Let's have Lance Armstrong race a Russian somewhere.
Hmmm... not been following the news from Ukraine, the sanctions vs Russia, the Russian subs and planes testing EU air and sea space?

hoopdriver

Guru
Yes, but this wasn't the annual village bike race where the winner is presented with an iced cake by the local baker.
I rather think you are one of those needing to "get some perspective".:smile:
It's still a bike race...

The world has much greater challenges and problems than some guy who cheated at a bike race.

So no you're the guy who needs perspective

So no you're the guy who needs perspective

No, you're the guy who needs perspective

upload_2015-1-28_17-27-21.jpeg

hoopdriver

Guru
And how is not talking about sport going to solve them?
I never suggested not talking about sport, only that enlarging Lance Armstrong into an almost pantomime villian upon whose shoukders rest the sins of the world shows a laughable lack of perspective. The guy cheated at bicycle races some years ago and he appears to be a thoroughly unlikeable character. But the world - and sport - has bigger problems . He's yesterday's man.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I never suggested not talking about sport, only that enlarging Lance Armstrong into an almost pantomime villian upon whose shoukders rest the sins of the world shows a laughable lack of perspective. The guy cheated at bicycle races some years ago and he appears to be a thoroughly unlikeable character. But the world - and sport - has bigger problems . He's yesterday's man.
For those who follow the sport his story is very much alive and relevant. Hence this thread running to six pages and many more in the racing section.

The world wide total is probably less than a 1/1000th of what has been written about Geoff Hurst's third goal in the World Cup final and that was nearly fifty years ago.

Top Bottom