Thoughts on Lance Armstrong. ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
everything can be simplified, including multi-million dollar fraud:sad:.
Yawn. We live in a world of multi billion dollar frauds. Ask Bernie Madoff

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I think the relevance of this to me is that I am a cyclist and I care about what happens in my sport. I also care about poverty, inequalities, disease, pestilence and war. I don't care about Tottenham Hotspur, Rangers (or Celtic if I'm truthful). I guess it is part of the human condition to be able to care about a range of things - some significant and some less significant.
NO.

PICK ONE THING.

AND THEN LET US JUDGE ITS SIGNIFICANCE.

Cyclist33

there's a big difference in caring about pro cycling to those nobbers who now won't ride trek bikes, eat bananas because they're yellow, don't believe in the moon landings or do a tour around france, all because they are associated with some gobshiite called armstrong..
Know ye such people?

400bhp

Guru
Excuse me - in a world filled with monumental problems, from Ebola to ISIS to climate change - you think the big issue is some guy who cheated at a bike race some years ago? Really? And everyone else needs perspective? Grow up.

It's a big issue because sport is a window into our way of life.

brand

Judging by the heading this is about Lance Armstrong? Personally I think his behaviour towards other team members and staff on his team makes him particularly nasty scum bag. Not only should he be banned for life (based on the latter) he should be locked up for the threats he made to them. Bully boy scum end of story.

upload_2015-1-29_0-32-59.jpeg

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3503377, member: 76"]Oh get a grip, he never destroyed anyones life! He cheated in a sporting event. You don't even know he took sadistic pleasure, he was probably just in so deep he had no choice but to defend his position to the end. Blimey, aren't you a copper?

My view on drugs cheats is they should all be banned from all sport for life, one appeal within 7 days, if they lose it they are ex-athletes. BUT, only Lance seems to have been subjected to this. Our Olympic team contained people who have been banned for doping, Ohurugo (I know she wasn't found doping but tough, she missed her tests, like wotsisname the mountain biker who went to Brazil for regular holidays and looked like skeletor) Chambers, St David of Millar. They should all be banned for life from all events, including local home town events, or Lance should have his ban lifted. It seems like it is very much one rule for our favourite bogey man and another for everyone else.[/QUOTE]

There's a long list of athletes who have been permanently banned from sport for doping (and other) offences: start with A for Athletics and work your way through a shoddy alphabet of professional cheats.

Naturally on a cycling forum Armstrong gets a hammering, but to suggest it's one rule for him and another for different athletes is absolutely ludicrous. Unless this is a letter to Viz?

brand

If you look at Armstrong's pre-cancer Tour results you'll get a better sense of his ability - although still not truly accurate as he doped before his cancer.

So we can get a better sence of his ability based on....what? How do we work out his ability based on that nobber option?

brand

[QUOTE 3503377, member: 76"]Oh get a grip, he never destroyed anyones life!
.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? If he didn't it wasn't from the lack of trying. He worked very hard at destroying riders and staff in the team he rode for, if they said anything that sullied his name.

Top Bottom