Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - 17th April to Felpham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain Defect

Regular
As said above Amersham is a good bet 39mins to Marylebone, and £7.80 return with an Oyster Card. 6 miles from Beaconsfield (do they still have a model village there?). Uxbridge is nearer 10....
Ok. Amersham is a hell of a hill back home. Yes still have the model village as seen on midsummer murders

Captain Defect

Regular
Never mind the nominations and secret ballot currently underway elsewhere on the forum (if truth be known, I haven't been following the event as closely as I usually do) but I think I can say without fear of contradiction that we have a clear and outstanding winner for this year's 'Best use of understatement in a post' award. Until the above, I had not seen a post to match the calibre of those of last year's winner, New Zealander Aerid Drybait, when he stepped up to the podium to collect his much deserved trophy at the forum awards.
Class.
I'll take any award going, after all an award is an award lol

Captain Defect

Regular
good news, the wife is giving me our anniversary present (this Tuesday 22nd April) a return train ticket from Beaconsfield to Marylebone and some lunch money, yeeeaaah. See after 19 years of marriage you can get something back lol

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
heretic.jpeg
heretic.jpeg
On the other hand if you really want to save money, ignore the siren calls of people tempting you down the pub.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Now what to wear. I have a feeling (judging by early morning commutes this week) that it's going to be more than a bit nippy out in the sticks. But then again the return home will be warm and sunny.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now what to wear. I have a feeling (judging by early morning commutes this week) that it's going to be more than a bit nippy out in the sticks. But then again the return home will be warm and sunny.....

Was thinking the same.

So probs go with
3/4 Bibs
Vest
LS base layer (can take off for return)
LS merino jersey
Montane Featherlite (if very chilly)
Long finger gloves
Fingerless gloves for return.

Top Bottom